United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I acknowledge your superior knowledge and that of Mr Falcao. I assume he played the whole game up front alongside Messi and ibrahimovic. But never played there again?
Chucked up front when they were struggling to break inter down and was their biggest threat.

Never understood this snobbery. I’ve seen Pep use Javi Martinez and Gerard Pique as the big man up front and Ederson is celebrated for smashing it long over the top. When you have a player like Bruno who excels at long passing and you’re playing him deep then it makes sense
Just a question for you given the team you follow. What are your thoughts on Fernandez fella? His playing and his antics.

I think with Arsenal vs City for the PL and the CL/FA cup potential treble preying on their minds, the United fanbase has reached peak ‘cognitive dissonance’.

Support Arsenal to win PL:
‘proper organic non financial doping club’ - despite how arsenal originally joined division 1 and their ‘financial doping’ by Fiszman.
‘Anything to stop the state sponsored oil cheats’ - ‘oh please Qatar buy us and get rid of the glazers’.
‘City Financial cheats’ - despite being bailed out by 2x financial external investors in their history and now looking for a 3rd to help with their almost £1b debt.
‘City could equal and then beat our unique record of 3 titles in a row’- Huddersfield, Arsenal and Liverpool would like a word.

Support City to win PL:
‘Arsenal are our bigger rivals’ - supporters who started following united at start of PL.
‘Arsenal supporters are all arseholes and Ive never met a City supporter anywhere’ - London based or similar united fans.
‘City winning trophies mean nothing’ - but I’m going to talk about it endlessly because it means nothing.

Don’t care who wins PL:
‘Liverpool are our main rivals’- London based or similar fans who started following united at the start of the PL.

Almost Any point/argument put forward can be pointed out as illogical or at least hypocritical.
There are a few who understand real history, Manc rivalry, and an ‘anyone but them’, but they are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.