United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'nited way on sly at the moment so hastily changed to some romantic slush on Great movies, in a vain bid for credibility on Blue Moon!

Just thinking of the swamp dwellers and the Grievers, if you had deep pockets, how would the red arse cheeks represent good value for money? They are probably still just about the biggest fan bases, but how could you grow?

Idly looking at the table, if you're a billionaire then Shirley these clubs could be worth a flutter:

Villa - know they've got Chinese owners so won't be as cheap, but do have a large fan base.

Wolves - won't be cheap for same reasons but decent fan base and excellent Portuguese football connections.

West Ham - strongly remind me of City for good and bad reasons, great history, excellent location and fans.

Dirty dirty Leeds - proper heathen country but a one team town, can play great football and wouldn't be too pricey. Have to knock down Elland Road first, whether a new stadium ready or not!

Everton - literally the basket case's basket case of how not to run a club. But a move to a fantastic new stadium on the horizon, huge potential, rivalry with 'dem, what's not to like?

I also think you could make a case for any of the bottom three too, as they wouldn't be silly money and can point to fan base and history.

Anyway, upshot is red shirts you're just paying for the name, for the others you could genuinely build a "project" and I'm all for other fans being able to experience the joy and elation that we've had.
You nailed it in the last paragraph, anyone buying the rags or dippers will be buying the name and branding and using it for associative purposes to promote other interests, if you needed a name for it I suppose you could call it sportswashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.