United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s simple - your phrase “artificially inflated their income” is just plain wrong.

they didn’t falsely inflate income - not quite sure what accounting practice you’re referring to but writing off a debt doesn’t falsely inflate historic income. Any write off “credit” to the profit and loss will hit the current period and not impact adjusted profit for ffp purposes.
They put in 45m per year to cover expenses, that’s money not earned which FFP was supposed to deal with. Dress it up anyway you like that loan was never going to be paid off and if it was with a bank there would have been significant interest charges which would also affect FFP. The debt should have had a benefit in kind implication to make the loan equitable with those paying interest.

FFP was there (supposedly) to stop clubs going out of business. What would have happened if Chelsea had been relegated, worth far less than the value of a Champion’s league club, Abramovich dead and his inheritance benefactor wanting their 1.4b back? The club would have been at serious risk. Not what FFP was there for and circumventing rules should not have been an option.

Got to wish the deluded fuckwits happy st beneath us at work today to be informed they will smash us at Wembley, there back and will challenge for the league next year as tent peg is doing a great job un fucking believable thick twats of the highest order shakes head and walked away laughing

They are absolutely wank. We're going to bum them into next season at Wembley. Did us a favour beating Brighton.

Casemiro should be on a ban today for the rest of the season.

I get that but effectively can the new owners just pay back the loan (as Bohley did but to charity in his case) and start debt free and able to spend within the confines of FFP which previously would have included operating costs, wages and transfer fees as part of the original debt?

Yes. If I understand you correctly.

It’s simple - your phrase “artificially inflated their income” is just plain wrong.

they didn’t falsely inflate income - not quite sure what accounting practice you’re referring to but writing off a debt doesn’t falsely inflate historic income. Any write off “credit” to the profit and loss will hit the current period and not impact adjusted profit for ffp purposes.
Also I didn’t state (or mean) writing off debt “inflated income”, giving soft loans was the point I was making, that was money not earned and it propped up a club that had insufficient income to pay all operating expenses including wages and transfers.

Just watched the replay again of Fatty Shaw’s handball.

Fatty stretched for the ball like he saw a heavenly vision of a triple cheeseburger!

What sweet justice for Brighton after the scum did them last season with a pen at the last minute.

And what gave me extra satisfaction was the look of utter despair on Mariner’s face when he trudged over to look at the VAR replay. Talk about looking like he was going to the gallows!

Ten bob moaning about the referee and Brighton fouling his players when they should of been down to at least 10! If this is his go to defence to main at the referee it tells me Ten faux Hag is a average manager looking for excuses tell you a lot of a manager!
It hasn’t taken him long to learn the rag mantra and book of excuses.

Just watched the replay again of Fatty Shaw’s handball.

Fatty stretched for the ball like he saw a heavenly vision of a triple cheeseburger!

What sweet justice for Brighton after the scum did them last season with a pen at the last minute.

And what gave me extra satisfaction was the look of utter despair on Mariner’s face when he trudged over to look at the VAR replay. Talk about looking like he was going to the gallows!
Mariner probably lost out on his MUFC bung because of that.

P.S. Not cash but hospitality for his family members with free food, drinks and parking thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.