United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s info out there(and on the Caf) that united have already spent part of this years FFP restricted budget on last years Antony & Casemiro, leaving them with hardly anything to play with this summer. AND they have burnt through their £300m credit line, which means they have no more access to ready funds, and need to pay the interest.

Even a buyout (of any type) won’t alleviate this. They are screwed this summer to improve from outside the club. And the youth is just watching City youth from afar sweep all before them.

Missing CL next year, continues the screwing, so (steels oneself) ‘come on Brighton and Liverpool overtake them!’
Jasr, can you explain why the Rags can’t do similar to the Chavs and write the debt off at the point of takeover?

I’ve had a problem with how Chelsea have acted financially and just can’t get my head around why they were able to structure the takeover to effectively subsidise the club to the tune of around 45m per year without applying any benefit in mind on a soft loan that had reached 1.4b whereas other clubs were paying interest charges on debt.

View attachment 77705
Away days = really bad
Won one against top 12.
And the wins at the bottom 8 aren’t particularly convincing looking.

However, ours isn’t great for results.
View attachment 77706
But it should have been at least a point at Trafford Rangers, and ditto Liverpool.
Possibly Spurs as well… our losses against them seem to blur together :-(
That's a great view and goes to show that we have a lot of improving to do ourselves.

We are an excellent team that almost always play an elaborate style of football.

United are a mediocre team that almost always play a turgid style of football.

We both have room to improve in our own ways. And it'll be difficult for both teams to get better. In the meantime I hope we win loads of trophies and they stay far far behind.

Jasr, can you explain why the Rags can’t do similar to the Chavs and write the debt off at the point of takeover?

I’ve had a problem with how Chelsea have acted financially and just can’t get my head around why they were able to structure the takeover to effectively subsidise the club to the tune of around 45m per year without applying any benefit in mind on a soft loan that had reached 1.4b whereas other clubs were paying interest charges on debt.
It's not shareholder loans. It's all bank loans. They won't be writing anything off

So, who do you want to ‘survive’, unbelievably after the past few years , I’d say Liverpool would be better to scrape through to CL this season, as I can see United being in a bigger mess than Liverpool.

Of course if Brighton can pull it off… trebles all round!

The dream is Brighton and both cheeks of the same arse miss out. I'm not a religious man, but I would pray for this XD

I heard some commentator on a stream I was watching the game on describe De Gea as having a magnificent career at Manchester United. What the fuck has been magnificent about his time there exactly?
He did manage to ride RVP's coat tails to one league title (aided and abetted by our having a poor season). Mind you, they had to win a fair few matches 3-2 that year as he couldn't find a clean sheet in a laundromat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.