United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the FFP rules before being amended from next season.

City borrow a further billion pounds on a soft loan and don’t pay back a penny but it sits there on the balance sheet as a debt. That money is then spent over a period of years on wages and transfers A new owner comes along, pays off the debt and we start again, that’s not what FFP was supposed to be there for.

Why should accumulated debt be allowed to be written off, especially how Chelsea did it? They circumnavigated FFP by funding the spending, it wasn’t income, it’s turned out to be a gift.

Any club can borrow 25 billion and pay it back it two years. What it can't do is spend any of that money if they lose money or spend too much on wages.

Borrowings have nothing to do with the operating costs in the profit and loss account.

Any club can borrow 25 billion and pay it back it two years. What it can't do is spend any of that money if they lose money or spend too much on wages.

Borrowings have nothing to do with the operating costs in the profit and loss account.
From next season clubs can’t spend more than 90% of turnover on wages AND transfers. I understand the ratio of spending to income and the p&l on the balance sheet but as in Chelsea’s case they actually got away with “interest” on the loan as it wasn’t a commercially facilitated agreement. If it had been significant interest charges would have appeared as expenses on the profit and loss account, that is a benefit in kind. It’s like a family member giving you (say) 30k per year, HMRC would want a tax payment off you as it is in effect income (you’re allowed to receive just 3k).

If the Rags write off their debt all the money spent with amortised values that would affect the remaining years will count for nothing and they can start a similar path of spending once again.

From next season clubs can’t spend more than 90% of turnover on wages AND transfers. I understand the ratio of spending to income and the p&l on the balance sheet but as in Chelsea’s case they actually got away with “interest” on the loan as it wasn’t a commercially facilitated agreement. If it had been significant interest charges would have appeared as expenses on the profit and loss account, that is a benefit in kind. It’s like a family member giving you (say) 30k per year, HMRC would want a tax payment off you as it is in effect income (you’re allowed to receive just 3k).

If the Rags write off their debt all the money spent with amortised values that would affect the remaining years will count for nothing and they can start a similar path of spending once again.

Not trying to be rude, but none of it actually works like that.

Does that mean it's St Beneathus Day?
On my way home from a hospital check up this afternoon, I found that the ambulance driver was also a blue, with a seasoncard for him and his lad in the Colin Bell stand. I therefore wished him a happy St. Beneathus day.
He then said that he had not heard this before, so I explained the significance of the day, and today was the 10th anniversary. He said he would be telling all his rag - supporting mates (I know) of this fact to see their reaction.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if they won at W Ham. They'll be 1-2 pts ahead of Liverpool after Sunday with a game in hand. Their arses will be twitching.

I'm not sure that I prefer to see Liverpool in the CL, though.
The question is , who has most to lose by missing out?
Followed by , who do you hate more?

On my way home from a hospital check up this afternoon, I found that the ambulance driver was also a blue, with a seasoncard for him and his lad in the Colin Bell stand. I therefore wished him a happy St. Beneathus day.
He then said that he had not heard this before, so I explained the significance of the day, and today was the 10th anniversary. He said he would be telling all his rag - supporting mates (I know) of this fact to see their reaction.
Whilst I like the term St.Beneathus day.... I think St Blowus day is more derogatory..as it has double meaning. :)

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.