United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday thought:
With all the back and forth going’s on at the swamp over the current/expected ownership perhaps the team should come out to the Hokey Coakey when they next play.

Have a great day and weekend my fellow Blues.
nytid are SCUM.
As you were.
CTID.

Last edited:
Anyone who says ‘do you know who I am’ in the belief that they are more important in anyway than the person they are speaking to, needs a good slap

Whilst I would tend to agree, I would say Denis is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

A lovely fella, very down to earth and done so much for charity.

He once went out of his way to visit my brother in law at The Christie, who had bone cancer at the time aged 14.

We are talking 25 years ago now and we couldn't believe it when he turned up with Fran Cotton and sat by his bed side for ages and talked to him all about City.

It really was a fantastic gesture. My bro-in-law is now 40 with three little kids of his own and it was a class touch from a class person.

Whilst I would tend to agree, I would say Denis is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

He once went out of his way to visit my brother in law at The Christie, who had bone cancer at the time aged 14.

We are talking 25 years ago now and we couldn't believe it when he turned up with Fran Cotton and sat by his bed side for ages and talked to him all about City.

It really was a fantastic gesture. My bro-in-law is now 40 with three little kids of his own and it was a class touch from a class person.
I’ve met Dennis a couple of times over the years. He is a genuinely lovely fella

My Mrs looked after Denis Law years ago, said he was a gentleman and bought all the nurses flowers for the care they gave him.

Can't believe he would say do you know who I am though, just not him.

It really doesn't. He's as unassuming as they come.

People won't know this, but throughout the 90s he would come once a week to visit Maine Road during the week.

He would come for a cuppa and sit in the sponsors suite with his mate Ken Barnes.

Denis would always stick around and chat with the staff.

My mum is a Scot and they would just have a laugh and he would ask how my studies were going because his daughter Diana was also training to be a young journo.

It helped me in later years when she became Press Officer at United!

I was more saying for the entire (generally ‘celebrity’) population who use ‘don’t you know who I am’, not just Mr Law.

Just a bugbear of mine - entitlement and an attitude that they should get treatment different from anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.