United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attwell again, quelle surprise.
Attwell is such a weak referee. (Or working to orders). Do the right thing. A marginal penalty decision, benefit of the doubt should go to the team currently losing 0-2 away from home. Not with Attwell. He gives the most popular decision, the one that will get least criticism.

I had the commentary on TalkSport and I think it was Dean Ashton summarising. He just said, yeah, there's a touch. He's definitely touched him. I then checked the laws, and I can't find anywhere that says if a player touches another player, it can be counted as a foul.

Fofana didn't foul Fernandez. He merely touched his boot. The other way round and there is no way a penalty is given. It's a coming together they would say.

This is one way in which they can manipulate VAR. Always give the favoured team the decision that benefits them, and then only if the "very high bar" of clear error is met will the decision be overturned.

This is not the first time Attwell has favoured United at Old Trafford this season, as we know to our detriment.

Think he's gone. Southgate has said he can't pick him anymore if he doesn't play. Jose might take a punt, he likes the old carthorses.

0_GettyImages-1395666224.jpg
Quite right, but what he really means is he can't pick him anymore if he doesn't play for Manchester United.

Attwell is such a weak referee. (Or working to orders). Do the right thing. A marginal penalty decision, benefit of the doubt should go to the team currently losing 0-2 away from home. Not with Attwell. He gives the most popular decision, the one that will get least criticism.

I had the commentary on TalkSport and I think it was Dean Ashton summarising. He just said, yeah, there's a touch. He's definitely touched him. I then checked the laws, and I can't find anywhere that says if a player touches another player, it can be counted as a foul.

Fofana didn't foul Fernandez. He merely touched his boot. The other way round and there is no way a penalty is given. It's a coming together they would say.

This is one way in which they can manipulate VAR. Always give the favoured team the decision that benefits them, and then only if the "very high bar" of clear error is met will the decision be overturned.

This is not the first time Attwell has favoured United at Old Trafford this season, as we know to our detriment.
I agree with most of what you say apart from the bit where the benefit of the doubt should go to the team 2-0 down away from home, there should be no benefit of the doubt for any team and certainly not in the all seeing VAR era.

the chelsea one was more a penalty but of coursethe chelsea player throw his leg into th tackle to get contact
neither were penalties

I agree with most of what you say apart from the bit where the benefit of the doubt should go to the team 2-0 down away from home, there should be no benefit of the doubt for any team and certainly not in the all seeing VAR era.
Yeah. I don't mean benefit of the doubt with VAR, I mean with Attwell. It was at best a 50:50 decision. Attwell could easily have waved play on, and VAR would have corrected him if wrong.

If it's not corruption (which I think it is), it is a referee who knows very well what benefits his career.

Re Casemiro's goal on Thursday, does VAR EVER rule out a United goal? Whenever they go to VAR, rag goals seem to be awarded as a matter of course.
Ours don't - not too often, anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.