United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They created nothing against Brighton, whilst they played through United at will. There only hope was to drag both us and Brighton to penalties and get a leveller from the ref at some point.

Ten Hag keeps trotting out that over the season they have won one less game than City, who did they win against though? Teams in a second rate European cup competition, and easy draws all the way to two domestic cup finals. The stuff he keeps coming out with shows how small time he is. He is no better than the previous manager.

Yep I agree

He's clinging onto anything to make it look like they're not miles behind us.

He finished 3rd in the league, not 2nd, so he should keep our name out of his mouth and worry about catching up second place first. They only just about finished above Newcastle. Come next season, they may not have the fortune of Liverpool and Chelsea having bad seasons.

Their points total was closer to villa who finished 7th than it was to us, if you want some perspective on where they are.

I don't see all this turning a corner stuff. Mourinho in his first season won them the same cup Ten Hag did, plus he won the Europa League. In his second season he finished second, something we haven't seen Ten Hag is capable of. Even Ole managed to get them to second.

There's a hell of a noise people are making about Ten Hag but he's yet to show anything that united managers in the last decade haven't already done and that was considered not good enough.

Heard a commotion outside my house earlier today went out to see what had happened , a couple were.comforting their son who was.in tears and had fallen.off.his.bike they apologised when they saw me and proceeded to tell me what had happened , I noticed the son was wearing a rag shirt and replied maybe because of that shirt he's wearing , husband called.me.a.prick as I went back in laughing
Did he manage to stay on the bike for more than 12 seconds?

Yep I agree

He's clinging onto anything to make it look like they're not miles behind us.

He finished 3rd in the league, not 2nd, so he should keep our name out of his mouth and worry about catching up second place first. They only just about finished above Newcastle. Come next season, they may not have the fortune of Liverpool and Chelsea having bad seasons.

Their points total was closer to villa who finished 7th than it was to us, if you want some perspective on where they are.

I don't see all this turning a corner stuff. Mourinho in his first season won them the same cup Ten Hag did, plus he won the Europa League. In his second season he finished second, something we haven't seen Ten Hag is capable of. Even Ole managed to get them to second.

There's a hell of a noise people are making about Ten Hag but he's yet to show anything that united managers in the last decade haven't already done and that was considered not good enough.

They are that desperate from being 10 years in the wilderness from not winning the league and then witnessing City dominating, that they will cling to any hope of a resurgence. Not one of United’s players would get into our starting 11, however the thing that struck me on Saturday was the differences in the benches. They’ve spent more money than City but the level in player both teams have is staggering. When they have to play every 3 days next Autumn in the champions league this will be exposed, just like it happened to Solksjar. We’ve been here before with their last two managers where they get giddy after the first season, then get exposed the next.

I like the "on another day, he misses those two shots"

Well true that could happen, but on another day he has a good chance of burying them again. That's why he is who he is and playing for the best team in the world.

Shes a weirdo that girl

I think if she wanted me for afternoon delight I’d have to tape her mouth closed

In amongst all the myriad of bitter bullshit I’ve seen on Twitter these past couple of days, I think it’s only fair to post this alternative viewpoint from a United fan who actually gets it:

How ironic that any Rag can accuse us of being cheats.
It is alleged that their hierarchy are complicit in inventing this stuff in the first place and the blind now lead the blind.
Just a cursory scan of my memory leads me to
The Frontsek non penalty FACup cup
The Grealish non penalty
Pope Findus off side
The Elephant man’s 98th winner
The Spurs non goal at the Swamp.
Mike Riley
Howard Webb
Too many incidents to be a Coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.