United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their open top bus parade in 1999 with 2-1 as the route number, a sea of red in our city, going to an arena to show the trophy off, Baconface being knighted, that horrible Lift it High Song, the match report of the final on the front page of every newspaper. I cried and got so angry, I fucking hated it, especially being our rivals.

Now 24 years later, we have not only emulated their season, but fucking beaten it. We won more CL games than them in 1999, they have the worse win percentage of a winner, they only got 79 points in the league and needed a replay to win their FA Cup semi final. They were also runners up in 1997-98.

With us, we have a fantastic win percentage in the CL, have 89 points in the league, never needed a replay in any of our FA Cup games and although they lost 3 games in 1998-99 and we lost five, that is because it's a thougher League than back then. We also went into Europe as English Champions, not runners up.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the greatest team ever in the history of football, and our last ever Premier League treble winners!.

Dry those tears Rio, we have tainted the legacy of your club. The ghosts of 1999 are finally laid to rest.

Marcus the dinner lady, just make those school dinners, because you won't win this.
Two of those losses came against Brentford, on only their second season in the league. Back in 1999, teams like that very rarely pulled off doubles against champions in the same season.

It was a very predictable league unlike today.

Ffs lads, stop posting ‘Goldbridge’ and giving him the clicks.

His name is Brent Di Cesare, he was a Notts Forest supporting Police officer when he dreamt up the grift of creating ‘rage content’ for United fans and has monetised their delusions brilliantly but you don’t need to help him out…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.