United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Robson!!!
Back in the 80's I went on a works Christmas 'do' to a hotel in Sale. It was brilliant. Very late bar.
It was so good we did the same the next year except, this time, the bar was shut with little notice at 11pm. In walked Robson with the rag team. Robson was the clear organiser of his 'do' We were kicked out so they could party. Robson was an arsehole (and pissed) at 11pm. It nearly got tasty but......

Pound to a piece of shit the hotel was The Amblehurst.

Must be absolutely bizarre when you thought you were the manager then the lad that quit 10 years ago comes back to help you out.

And then you find out he's actually the one in charge. Penny for Tent Pegs thought!

Still bugs me that one... of all the blatantly bent decisions they've been given over the years that still stands out as one of most glaringly obvious, the ball was about 40 feet in the air going right over and beyond the penalty area and yet somehow one of the scum players was judged to have been impeded, like you, to this day I still don't even know who was supposed to have been fouled.
Keane ran at the ref believing we had won a free kick but then stopped and nearly fell into hysterics when the ref smiled then winked at him and pointed to the spot.
A
On a par with that disallowed spurs goal at OT that was scooped out of the netting and was then judged not to have crossed the goal line.
Absolute corruption in the English game as been going on for years where the Rags are concerned

It's fucking hilarious. The last few seasons I have been a bit worried pre-season about their potential, but after a few games I have found myself looking forward to my weekly instalment of British comedy at it's best. This season the comedy show is in full swing before a ball has even been kicked. It's a long shot I know, but I backed them a few weeks ago at 1000/1 to go down, I am tempted to increase my stake the way things are developing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.