United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't understand how they have not signed at least 5 decent players this summer. By decent I mean top half players from the top leagues... not the likes of DeJong... players with ambition, professionalism, proven records, strong/fast potential to grow and willingness to learn under TenHagg.

You see these type of player signed by every other club. So discount City, Liverpool and Chelsea and Battle for the best of the rest. It's pretty obvious.

Do they even have people trying to improve their club? Whoever is in charge of that should be who Neville spouts about.
No Champions League fella..It's a bummer :)

I don't want to give the scum any ideas but this is the bare minimum of what they need to do

1. Get rid of Ronaldo
2. Get rid of the GPC
3. Employ people in important positions i.e. director of football, chairman, etc who know how to run a business
4. Invest in the stadium
5. Quietly have words with all the ex players who are lining up to dig them out. Not sure I would want to take any advice from failed managers such as Neville x 2, Wio who has never managed, Scholes etc
6. Get rid of all the players who are more concerned with their instgram images and how many followers they have
7. Prepare for years in the wilderness with the occasional trophy
8. Stop all the leaks
9. Have a coherent strategy
10. Stop chasing the clicks

Even if they do all this they will still be miles behind us and they will still be scum
You missed -
2a Get rid of Darren Fletcher (Techincal director/Director of football, what ever his job is) otherwise spot on :-)

Come next Monday at about 22:00, they’ll have beaten Liverpool and have more points than them and they’ll be saying they’ve turned a corner and for the next five days all we’ll hear is about how Ten Hag will just need some time and within two years they’ll be winning the title.

The overemotional reactions they have to everything shows a real lack of self control with their fans.

Everything is either fucking brilliant and they’re back taking the piss out of everyone and they’re rubbing their success and history in everyone’s faces and soon they’re going to be back on top; or everything is a fucking disaster and football is shit and their club it rotten to the core and everyone needs sacking.

They just need to settle the fuck down and get control of their emotions. They just need to realise there are other clubs having their time at the top now, just like they overtook Liverpool.
LOL so true, does it remind you of anyone 20-30 years ago?

Hopefully plucky underdogs united can snatch a draw on Monday. That’s a loss for both teams and could see both in the bottom 3. If city win and then that happens I’ll need to check I’m not dreaming.

That's a little unfair on ten Hag, I think. He hasn't become a bad coach overnight. Personally, I don't know what he was thinking, going there, but given time and the players he wants, he will be able to get them playing football. Will take a few windows, though. Questions are: will he be allowed a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity, and will he be able to get the players he wants?
It's the same mistake that Palace made a few years ago, employing De Boer with a defined playing style, not furnishing him with remotely adequate recruitment and they end ended up sacking him after about 5 games as he was unwilling to compromise on style.

You can see a very similar turn of events unfolding here very quickly...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.