United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read something interesting the other day: apparently when the manager got them in the day after the Brentford match (a very hot day) to run 13kms the players were a bit surprised when he did it himself - basically saying I've made mistakes too and we are all in this together. Can't have been so easy for him at age 52 either. Then he had the balls to stand up to the money people and drop CR7.

The usual suspects for strolling around: Rashford & Bruno did seem to react to that on Monday.

So as much as I hate to say it, they might have actually got a decent manager at last, who also swears on Sky TV. If he has the guts to tell Fergie to fuck off too (and take Ronaldo with him) they might actually get somewhere. Plus it looks like they are spending €300 million in this transfer window - I don't know how they can protest about that!
Not for me. I don't rate the man at all. The way they played against an utterly dreadful dipper side was a one-off and I can't see him motivating them to do that again.
They have so much deadwood in the side and he appears not to see it. The biggest offender being Slabhead: the man is utterly atrocious. But he'll have to play to justify his price tag and wages. He will also have to build his team around the LadyBoy, simply because the Pisscan will tell him to.
If Ten Bob lasts a year then maybe he'll have grown a spine and will have learnt to stand up to the Govan despot, but I believe for the foreseeable future he will just be a puppet doing what he's told to do.

Could you be a bit more specific?
Yeah man, of course.
De Gea: ****
Heaton: ****
Varane: ****
Maguire: ****
Martinez: ****
Lindelof: ****
Tuanzebe: ****
Jones: A laugh but still a ****
Mengi: ****
Shaw: Fat ****
Wan-bissaka: ****
Dalot: ****
casemiro: ****
McTominay: ****
Garner: ****
Van De Beek: ****
Fred: ****
Fernandes: ****
Eriksen: **** (regretably)
Mejbri: ****
sancho: ****
rashford: ****
Elanga: ****
Garnacho: ****
Diallo: ****
Shoretire: ****
Chong: ****
pellistri: ****
Greenwood: ****
Ronaldo: King ****
Martial: ****

Noticed they’re forcefully trying to use the word ‘derby’ to describe Utd vs Liverpool. Seems to be Sky’s latest attempt to try and big up the fixture with even the YouTube Sky Sports highlights titled ‘United’s massive derby win’. They’ve certainly been in overdrive this summer trying to make Utd have some relevance.
You're right. Calling it a derby (almost tobthe point of emphasis) is a definite change in their policy. Reading your post though, a thought struck me.
Look at it from Sky's point of view and ask yourself, what other choice do they have?

Sky have invested eye-watering amounts on Premier League coverage and, rightly or wrongly, long since decided to hang their hat on this as their marquee fixture. The big game that would capture the public's imagination and lure in more and more (badly-needed) subscribers.

Given the respective starts of both Utd and Liverpool, Sky could hardly bill it a potential Title Decider or even "laying down a marker" (whatever that actually means in football terms, I don't think I know, by the way). So resorted to the one word that gives the game permanent relevance... a derby.

It may be insulting to ourselves and Everton fans to describe this fixture as a derby but ultimately, we and they make up a negligible amount of the demographic they are trying to lure. In fairness to Sky, it is purely a business devision to protect their investment/ jobs.

I would suspect that they don't want to have to call it a derby. That they hate doing so, in fact. They'd much prefer if they didn't have to lie and the game was actually important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.