United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see a compilation clip (with appropriately comedic background music) of all the post match interviews of the last couple of seasons where united players have come out and said how it was an unacceptable performance and we WILL put it right.

(Erikson being the one to draw the short straw yesterday and made to come out and spout the usual "unacceptable performance" guff for the cameras)

Now, to be fair they've had a horrible start to the season with Spuds, Arse and Brighton - 3 of the best teams so far this season. The next 4 games will show us where they are.

They've had horrendous injuries and probably out 4 guys who'd walk into the starting 11.

I'm in the typical Blue camp and keep expecting them to get better, their next signing to be the best ever and their manager to be the next Pep.....
Wolves and Forest at home weren't "horrible" fixtures for them yet they only won those games entirely thanks to PGMOL.

As for their "horrendous" injuries, we've had just as many key starting 11 players injured so far this season.

My recollection is that it was a phrase coined by Stuart Hall, the Northern match reporter for Radio 2 in the days before Radio 5 covered football. He was renowned for his flowery descriptions and wordy match summaries. Not only did he coin the "Theatre of Dreams" but he'd call Maine Road the "Theatre of Base Comedy". He got away with the latter because he was a City fan.

Oh yes, and in common with most BBC employees, he was a nonce.
Hall always denied the bit about MR, but it sounded like him.

Why did I decide to put them on my accumulator?

What a mess, where do they begin to try and fix it.

Now, to be fair they've had a horrible start to the season with Spuds, Arse and Brighton - 3 of the best teams so far this season. The next 4 games will show us where they are.

They've had horrendous injuries and probably out 4 guys who'd walk into the starting 11.

I'm in the typical Blue camp and keep expecting them to get better, their next signing to be the best ever and their manager to be the next Pep.....
Woah woah woah, let's not be doing silly things like this when it comes to United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.