United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's character building going through thin and then even thinner .

Fed up at times but never thinking of chucking it in, and god how we have been rewarded for our staying power and love of the club.

Never had it so good !

Watching City in the third tier was up there with my favourite seasons with the likes of 2012 and this season. We don’t have a divine right to success like any other club, if we go back to where we were pre 2008 so what. It’s still following City.

That last sentance

pathetic-ohgod.gif

What a mardy arse

Before bacon the terrible tragedy put them on the map worldwide and why Liverpool hated them so much was they got so much airtime paper time for being an average side there were few teams with more titles than them before bacon..
This is a typo, right? You mean, there were “a few”?
There were plenty, in fact.

And I wonder about the first claim, actually. I mean, I genuinely wonder about it. They unquestionably had a huge capital of sympathy in the nation at large after Munich. I remember it well myself, during the sixties. In Britain, the story of Busby coming back from the edge of death (and I hasten to add that I have no disrespect for Matt Busby, and quite a measure of admiration) garnered huge sympathy through the press, and of course winning the European Cup in ’68 was part of that trajectory. But in Europe? Sort of doubt it. United were nothing much in Europe in the seventies and eighties, as I remember it. And in the world at large? Very much doubt it.
I suppose we all remember those times differently, maybe.

Watching City in the third tier was up there with my favourite seasons with the likes of 2012 and this season. We don’t have a divine right to success like any other club, if we go back to where we were pre 2008 so what. It’s still following City.

Been a City supporter since 1954, so I have seen all the good and not-so-good for some time, and would never have changed it .

Watching the rag cunts snapping up trophies and giving it the big 'un all the time only helped to reinforce my love and realise what real weak minded and arrogant set of cunts they really are. They will never be able to call themselves genuine supporters, but as " hangers-on and glory-hunters, they are the best in the world ".

They totally deserve what they are experiencing ..............and then some !

This is a typo, right? You mean, there were “a few”?
There were plenty, in fact.

And I wonder about the first claim, actually. I mean, I genuinely wonder about it. They unquestionably had a huge capital of sympathy in the nation at large after Munich. I remember it well myself, during the sixties. In Britain, the story of Busby coming back from the edge of death (and I hasten to add that I have no disrespect for Matt Busby, and quite a measure of admiration) garnered huge sympathy through the press, and of course winning the European Cup in ’68 was part of that trajectory. But in Europe? Sort of doubt it. United were nothing much in Europe in the seventies and eighties, as I remember it. And in the world at large? Very much doubt it.
I suppose we all remember those times differently, maybe.

It's was the media is was like it is now before bacon when they had done naff all to get the coverage and why I said it was that Tragedy made them media darlings! That's how I saw it at the time!

Who had more 1st div titles before bacon

Liverpool
Everton
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.