United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea's gamble is that their long contracts are offset by younger players on smallish base wages so that when push comes to shove it'll be easy to get players off the books. A massive chunk of the United team are older, and on silly wages or medium term contracts where that only four or five clubs in the world can afford to match them. They're both potentially fucked, but I'd prefer to be Chelsea right now for a handful of reasons.

Still think Poch can whittle down and work out something from the squad he's got.
I do have a feeling Chelsea will have the better season. Some of those players will click at some point. I was hoping they would win yesterday just to start to climb above the rags.

But financially Chelsea are going to be in a bad place for years to come.

I'm hoping rags have a terrible season.

this is what they dont understand, they think they are unlucky, they just cant get it through their head, that actual correct decisions are being given against em now, why do you think neville was trying to discredit var for the arsenal goal yesterday, now they have figured out that var isnt there solely to help them and it can give correct decisions that they dont like now it is a bad thing
Don't you realise: "This is Manchester United" we are talking about.

I do have a feeling Chelsea will have the better season. Some of those players will click at some point. I was hoping they would win yesterday just to start to climb above the rags.

But financially Chelsea are going to be in a bad place for years to come.

I'm hoping rags have a terrible season.
Yeah, I agree. All Chelsea have to do now is to stick with Poch for a few seasons and I think it will come good or that they'll be there or thereabouts in European places. I know it doesn't look like it watching them, but if you parachuted Pep or Klopp (the two best coaches in the world imo) there they'd have that squad looking decent after a few months. I can't see any obvious reason why Poch, an otherwise decent coach, can't manage that.

United are toxic from pitch to stands to boardroom. Lazy players with an ego, no cohesion, no fight. There's no easy solution. Parachute Pep or Klopp there and they'd be struggling as well.

You're right, it is harsh. But I also mean that if Anthony was in our setup playing under Pep he'd look a much better player than he does at that shitheap of a club.
Pep improves any player that is willing to listen. He made Fabien Delph a left back in our centurion league win.

Pep would never buy someone like Antony. Our due diligence would have flagged up him being a flawed character and a lazy bastard to boot.

Had Ten Hag improved any player over there since he took over? Maybe Shaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.