United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL they probably only bought Onana because he can sort of pass the ball which De Gea was not good at. They saw their two main rivals' goalkeepers had elite playmaking ability, and then figured "ball passers gut, darrr" and didn't even bother checking any of his other qualities.

Utter incompetence over there.

Unfortunately fake Haaland looks somewhat decent, even a stopped clock, etc.

Deep deep shit if they crash out of the CL then don't qualify for it.

Can't wait.

Unfortunately the leagues is probably top 5 getting in this season, they may luck in.

City, LFC, Arsenal, Spurs are nailed on for four spots--don't know that Villa, Brighton, West Ham or the Barcodes can hold of for an entire season. And even with Spurs, lots of hype now yes, but I'd like to see how they handle a rough patch.

First week in October and out of the premier league title race, possibly out of the champions league and hopefully back in the europa league. I can’t stop laughing at this club and the fans got a good pissing on from the roof.

I was watching a YouTube video from a former Citibank trader Gary Stevenson talking about economists in the media & their predictions being at comedic levels. He said if he was wrong he’d have lost his job, he was paid to be right & made millions whereas the media not only get it wrong every single time, they don’t even realise that they are wrong as their are no consequences.

Obviously you can substitute economics for football, politics & everything. Basically they are no better than graffiti taggers, they scrawl shit for people to read & then it disappears & more meaningless scribble appears again.

I highly recommend Gary Stevenson as a follow if you like the political finance guff.

LOL they probably only bought Onana because he can sort of pass the ball which De Gea was not good at. They saw their two main rivals' goalkeepers had elite playmaking ability, and then figured "ball passers gut, darrr" and didn't even bother checking any of his other qualities.

Utter incompetence over there.

Unfortunately fake Haaland looks somewhat decent, even a stopped clock, etc.

Fake Haaland scored a goal that Rashford was scoring last season. Imagine a team leaving that much space for Erling to run behind.

I was watching a YouTube video from a former Citibank trader Gary Stevenson talking about economists in the media & their predictions being at comedic levels. He said if he was wrong he’d have lost his job, he was paid to be right & made millions whereas the media not only get it wrong every single time, they don’t even realise that they are wrong as their are no consequences.

Obviously you can substitute economics for football, politics & everything. Basically they are no better than graffiti taggers, they scrawl shit for people to read & then it disappears & more meaningless scribble appears again.

I highly recommend Gary Stevenson as a follow if you like the political finance guff.
I just realised I subscribe to him and he hasn't made a video for 3 months. But yeah, the other one is those financial gurus making predictions about which stocks to buy on US TV and on Youtube. Someone went back through their predictions from 2 years ago and found that if you'd followed their advice, you would have lost money. There's also the famous example of the cat that beat a good proportion of actively managed funds. And yet there they are, continuing to confidently make predictions as if they hadn't just lost everyone millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.