United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without var this shower of shit would be close to the relegation zone. They have a worse goal difference than Everton in 15th, and the same as Forest in 16th, shit rag twats.
Annoyingly just the same as last season... lots of narrow and mostly undeserved 1 goal wins.

They say football is all about fine margins but these twats always just seem to be on the plus side of those fine margins, scraping 1 goal wins that could, often should, have been draws or defeats.

The Dave Brailsford thing. I’m into the cycling so I’ve a bit of interest in how this is going to pan out. Even though I really really want this to be another chapter of clusterfuckery because it’s the rags, my more analytical self thinks this will be a complete clusterfuck.

The power dynamic between a cycling team DS (manager) and the riders is very different to the football. Outside a small number of star riders, most of the team are essentially disposable and will be thankful just to have a contract, even at the World Tour level. In other words, a very different situation to even an average Prem player.

SirDave has always been a master of image management with all the marginal gains guff, but the shine has definitely come off in recent years and it’s not just about the doping allegations. You’d struggle to find an ex-rider who’s had dealings with him with a decent word to say. The impression is that he’s a cold, arrogant egotist who’s used to getting his own way. He likes his favourites and anyone else is just frozen out or thrown under a bus.

He’ll go down like a Uranium dog egg in the Old Toilet dressing room. It‘s not like they‘re a functional team anyway, but having someone around with PEG-levels of toxicity and zero knowledge of football who’ll be lording it over the rest of the management team will tear them to bits. And unlike their parade of managers post-GPC, he’ll be there to stay.

Great, isn’t it?

I football cycling and I admit I cant see what Brailsford would bring to football. Footballers dont use a machine ! Alot of cycling work of marginal gains are done in a wind tunnel. Working on positioning, clothing, helmets etc.
Of course he works on diet which is to get the cyclist as light as possible but still strong enough for the season.

Dont think any of this will work in football. A six foot tall footballer who weighs 9st lol he'll get knocked over every 5 minutes.

Ineos is not a big cycling power like Team Sky use to be in fact Ineos is a bit like the rags, on the down would slide

I'm not sure I agree that Saint Rashford is "hugely wasted potential"... I think he's just a bit shit not to mention lazy.

His overhyped "potential" is just, as usual, a figment of the sycophantic media and deluded rag fans.
Just acts like a sulking moody teenager who walks around the place with a massive chip on his shoulder.
A perfect role model for young little raggys

BBC found Ten Hag replacement - McKenna.

Ticks many of their boxes:
Boyhood fan
Ex previous employee
Working wonders in a lower status league
Doesn’t thro money around

Still amazing how good the BBC are at rolling out a sports item, that hasn’t got much to do with united, and shoehorning united into the title…

Last edited:

Blimey Adidas must be a shit company if it cant find and xl keepers shirt and 25 pairs of bigger socks. Not a good look for Adidas and could cause a lose of profits. Fancy a world wide brand like Adidas dont being able to sort this problem out since the start of the season. I wouldnt use Adidas because not only cant their make a kit that fit, their kit also makes you play shit

I football cycling and I admit I cant see what Brailsford would bring to football. Footballers dont use a machine ! Alot of cycling work of marginal gains are done in a wind tunnel. Working on positioning, clothing, helmets etc.
Of course he works on diet which is to get the cyclist as light as possible but still strong enough for the season.

Dont think any of this will work in football. A six foot tall footballer who weighs 9st lol he'll get knocked over every 5 minutes.

Ineos is not a big cycling power like Team Sky use to be in fact Ineos is a bit like the rags, on the down would slide
I've always felt that cycling is a sport where you can get far just by spending a lot more than any other team. It's kinda like the China at the Olympics model. Choose a sport that isn't that competitive or well-funded, pump shitloads of money into it and win loads of medals. It's much harder to do that in a sport which is already full of competitors that are equally well-funded (hence why they've got nowhere in football or athletics). There's nothing wrong with using expertise from other sports (I remember about Pep taking ideas from basketball), but the reality is that there's nothing special about Brailsford in football. Everyone has huge teams of highly-qualified staff looking for these marginal gains already.

Kinda sounds a bit like when Clive Woodward got a job at Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.