United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Persie kept popping up whenever they needed it, drawing games they should have lost and winning games they should have drawn, except the Southampton away match which they should have lost but won.

Still a totally dull one man team though in which their total number of goalscorers was like 13 but they were all on like one, two or three goals and Van Persie was on a much higher number. The one against Villa wouldn't have counted if VAR existed back then.
Van Persie and the men in black

And I'm not talking about their degenerate fan group.

Chatting with one of the rare normal rags in the pub the other night, I offered him my perspective and he got it. Hopefully he’s in the very small minority.

I pointed out that since the FA Cup semi final everything they’ve done as a club has been reactionary. Right from the moment the toe sucking ginger pig chopped Zabaleta in half because they couldn’t stand being beaten by the better team.
We saw how they took their loss as they all tried to pile in on Mario. A guy that didn’t seem to give a fuck about much, but he did hate them. But they couldn’t stand that City no longer suffered their nonsense. Ferguson only really encountered Mourinho that didn’t bend over for him. Even Wenger was happy to be the Bruno to his Tyson. Mancini was not, Cook was not, Mubarak was not.

Ever since that day they’ve been reactionary, signing a 30 year old RVP, something that only months before GPC had said United couldn’t do. Something along the lines of ‘United can’t sign established World clad players in silly money’. From that transfer, Rooney, Ferdinand etc all wanted huge wages. The reaction had set in.

GPC knew his race was ran, fucking off and leaving an ageing and vastly overpaid squad.

From here, they still didn’t learn, gpc insisted on Moyes signalling a refusal to accept change or progression.

We got Pellegrini in, we knew it was a transitional manager working towards where we wanted to be. It didn’t need to be instant success but progression.

United longed for the status quo. Moyes would surely pick up where piss can left off, well, he didn’t and in a desperate move to keep up, once again they tried to emulate Ferguson with Louis Long Ball, he understood the United way, so once again they went back to what they knew. High wide wingers, kick n rush football. Not realising this was dead.

We announce Pep. The single most progressive coach of all time(arguably). What did they do? Mourinho. After all this is “Manchester United” and “Manchester United” only know one way.. The ‘United way’. Only the ‘United way’ was becoming more and more outdated. Mourinho suited that. But even if successful, he’d offer zero progression.

Then we saw 4 years of trying to react to all our signings.
One after the other players rocked up there that we’d either identified as a potential player or a cherry on top type signing.
They weren’t at that stage, they needed solid foundations, not players like Sanchez. Did they learn? No. Still going on about “MANchester Uoonited” and the “United way”.

Whilst all this was going on, off the field they were trying to react to what we were doing. Hurrying through FFP, all sorts of other hurdles for us to jump. They were more concerned with stopping us than actually progressing. They’d become Dick Dastardly. Constantly trying to halt our progress rather than grow their own.

It’s not changed, they’re not learning, off the field they’re still trying to hinder what we do, they’d be better emulating and learning from us, but they won’t because their own fucked ego, delusions of grandeur and that fucking “Yoonited Way” simply can’t allow them to acknowledge that it is not only bullshit, but if it were true, it’s so far out of date, they’re trying to recreate glory days rather than create new glory.

Right up until this week, they keep going on, the media will always continue to go on about United being ‘bigger’. How is that fucking measured? JFE at centre back and a half empty stadium on 70 minutes is not and never will be the actions of the biggest club in the World.
Neville harping on about it being Manchester United, Keane going on about what it means to be captain of United. Neville slaughtering the Glazers for not making sure everything they have is the best… Well Gaz, whilst you all long for what once was, you’ll never realise what needs to be. Old Scaffold needs knocking down, or they need to move. They won’t do that.. Why? Because they’re Manchester Yoonited. Not accepting that all the biggest clubs in the World are doing exactly what they think they can’t do. Barca, Real, Atleti, Juventus, Bayern have or are doing what the ‘Nited’ way won’t allow, as they’ll lose their Soul.. Yep, fuck knows what that means a

And Roy, it means fuck all to be captain at United. The club is a fucking shambles. Obviously the captain is going to be a joke, if he had desire, passion, belief, heart and leadership skills, he’s not at United.

All this overseen by GPC, how do you fucking progress with that shadow looming over the club?

Manchester United are Manchester United’s problem. They can’t see it and hopefully never will.

More than two paragraphs and I’m normally moving on, but that sir was an EXCELLENT post.

You touched on it, but I think one of our greatest assets is our history of failure and cock ups. This breeds humility and that’s never a bad thing.

More than two paragraphs and I’m normally moving on, but that sir was an EXCELLENT post.

You touched on it, but I think one of our greatest assets is our history of failure and cock ups. This breeds humility and that’s never a bad thing.
Tough love eh...
Sadly the Glory Seekers are starting to come through judging by the number of City shirts I'm seeing on kids in Worcestershire.
Still so long as we slap down morons who are full of entitlement we should be OK.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree that Saint Rashford is "hugely wasted potential"... I think he's just a bit shit not to mention lazy.

His overhyped "potential" is just, as usual, a figment of the sycophantic media and deluded rag fans.

Always thought he was awful. Just pace and luck. He exploited the hype and fair play for that. But he’s always been as you say, just a bit shit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.