United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ambitious manager would relish the challenge of rebuilding them but if the club is a real mess then why bother?
It's a poisoned chalice. Yes; for the fella who eventually brings some semblance of order to the playing side of things, he'll be looked upon as a second coming. But how many (not counting caretakers) have been and gone, failing to do just that? I said at the time that the person who succeeded GPC was in a no win situation. Whatever he won would be greeted by, "well; Sir Alex won x of them". He was always going to suffer in comparison. I didn't in my wildest dreams think that a decade on, they'd still be searching for a middling manager!

Ten Hag's current state ...
tacx6g.jpg
Is that Fernandes in the rags new kit?

It's a poisoned chalice. Yes; for the fella who eventually brings some semblance of order to the playing side of things, he'll be looked upon as a second coming. But how many (not counting caretakers) have been and gone, failing to do just that? I said at the time that the person who succeeded GPC was in a no win situation. Whatever he won would be greeted by, "well; Sir Alex won x of them". He was always going to suffer in comparison. I didn't in my wildest dreams think that a decade on, they'd still be searching for a middling manager!
This is like Clough at Leeds, always being reminded about how great the previous manager was. That ended well for L@#ds.

Went to both those quarter finals. Both pretty nawty. Especially the Everton one at Goodison.

And the 10-1.

Didn’t do that particular Bradford away, although I went the following season: ‘at long, long last…’. Stewart’s goal near the end (of the one you went to) was amazing. Limbs!

Can’t believe you left off Charlton! Epic game!
That whole season was Notts County away was intresting.
That cup tie at Goodison never seen anything like it.
Also didnt Plymouth fill the platt lane in the cup orcwas that Pompey in the league whoever it was it was an impressive following.
Like i said so many memories.
Im so grateful my old man is still around he started going in the 50s with his dad so has seen 2 great eras stuck with it which must have been tough in the years of decline.
Hates the scum more each day and loves them suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.