United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again.. take a quick look around the world.. more and more fans are wearing City shirts.. WHY..

a. Because they all stood on the kippax and there grandads all loved Rodney Marsh.
B. Because City happen of won loads of trophies last 10 years and everyone loves to be linked with a winning brand.
I have literally no idea what you are talking about but whatever it is it is not the same conversation I am having.

Needed to nip out and get stuff for work from the local supermarket and put talk sport on.
Goldbridge.
Within 2 minutes I'd switched off when he came out with this classic:

"The Premier League is full of the best players from around the world, we have Belgium's Kevin de Bruyne, Denmark's Rasmus Hojlund... " (off button)

How does he keep a straight face when saying it?

They are both winning brands fame wise.. a successful brand is not just about trophies.. When was the last time Ferrari won the drivers championship.. but they are still a successful winning brand.. same with Dallas Cowboys.. hardly ever win the Super Bowl but still number 1 team and would cost most to buy.
Ferrari making amazing road cars and have fans who aren’t interested in the motor sport

Have to disagree.. Crystal Palace knocking United or Liverpool off there perch by winning a League would be a massive turn off unless you are a Palace supporter.. like I say people want to be associated with winning brands.. if you were selling tv rights to Bangkok or Malaysia how would you get the premium price for it if West Ham were top dogs when three quarters of your population would probably support either United or Liverpool, they wouldn’t pay to watch West Ham dominate no way.
Glory hunters want to be associated with winning brands. Its the clubs with the most gloryhunting plastic sheep following them that loyal fans of other clubs (which vastly outnumber gloryhunters) revel in seeing fail the most.

You are blind to that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.