United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The football authorities looking after their own again. A good guy like Bernardo has his reputation tarnished for ever, the Utd player not so. It is when you see this type of blatantly vindictive double standards, that I am considerably less confident than some that we will see off the 115 trumped up charges against us.

I doubt it's anything to do with Garnacho being a United player. Probably more likely that Onana publicly backing him played a big part in the FA's decision. Could be wrong about this but I don't remember Mendy coming out and supporting Bernardo at the time. But whatever, they're an irrelevance. Garnacho isn't exactly ripping up trees. United gain basically nothing from this.
Mendy certainly did back Bernardo that’s what makes this bollocks. There was a sky yellow banner for days highlighting the tweet as well calling for punishment

I doubt it's anything to do with Garnacho being a United player. Probably more likely that Onana publicly backing him played a big part in the FA's decision. Could be wrong about this but I don't remember Mendy coming out and supporting Bernardo at the time. But whatever, they're an irrelevance. Garnacho isn't exactly ripping up trees. United gain basically nothing from this.

He did. He wrote a letter to both the FA and Kick it out.

Ultimately neither is relevant, it was out on a public platform, it is no longer about the individual it is aimed at. The emoji used is more conventionally associated with racist connotations than the advert that most wouldn't even have seen was.

I don't think he is racist at all. But he made a mistake, a naive faux-pas, and the consequences should follow precedent. Otherwise, the whole thing starts to fall apart.

People wanted him punished simply because Bernardo was....both were stupid in what they tweeted, but neither of them were being racist

Just to be clear. Had Bernardo's tweet gone unpunished, and Gazpacho's got him a suspension, I would still be arguing the same. I.e that it is unfair and should be consistent, for it to have any meaning.

Think you will fine Mendy did write to the fa. This is a clear case of who you play for. To try and say is not is bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.