United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading reading the report on BBC; two ex rags saying the decisions were 'soft' but both don't say is that they were wrong. Sorry, but can someone explain to me what a 'soft' decision means?
No such thing as a soft decision...it's either right or wrong all the VAR decisions by the rule book last night were right.

Has anyone taken a trip to the Caff recently. It's either fucking hilarious or crimally sad but most are on suicide watch.
I've heard of them...you set the alarm and when it goes off the mainspring explodes and slashes your wrist for you...
or was it a wind up.

No such thing as a soft decision...it's either right or wrong all the VAR decisions by the rule book last night were right.
There absolutely is such a thing. Any football fan knows it. Jonathan Liew talked about it in an article the other day. My definition of "soft" is that it is technically a foul but very often won't get given for all sorts of reasons yet if one examines why it is given it's usually borderline but generally counts as an infringement. Another test is even if it is a foul by the letter of the law - how would we feel if given against us?
So I would call the foul on Rodri a soft one because whilst it obviously is a foul, it hardly ever gets given and we would be saying the same as the Rags if given against us.
There are so many handball examples as well one could choose - Jack Grealish at Wembley vs the Rags anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.