United Thread - 2023/24

Jordan's a dick, but he's spot on there.

That line in "The Usual Suspects" (about the greatest trick the devil ever pulled etc) could equally apply to Captain Birdseye. Convincing the world he was a top notch footballer.

Jordan's a dick, but he's spot on there.

That line in "The Usual Suspects" (about the greatest trick the devil ever pulled etc) could equally apply to Captain Birdseye. Convincing the world he was a top notch footballer.

Unless I’m mistaken,I’m fairly sure that this extremely limited and overrated footballer is the highest paid English player that walks the earth.Mindblowing,when you think about it….

Toad of Toad Hall and his team of the week
Ycnmiu
Andre Onana (Man Utd): As far as goalkeepers are concerned, I don't rate the Cameroon international very highly at all. However, in a week when Manchester United went out of the Champions League, to go to Liverpool and keep a clean sheet, bearing in mind everything else that is going on at Old Trafford, was quite an achievement. It would have been churlish of me not to have included Onana in my team having had such a decent game at Anfield. Every save he made he should have saved but his double-handed stop from Virgil van Dijk was particularly impressive. Let's hope for Manchester United's sake he doesn't return to type next week
88A65965-1A46-4674-802B-D32DACC55A42.jpeg

Unless I’m mistaken,I’m fairly sure that this extremely limited and overrated footballer is the highest paid English player that walks the earth.Mindblowing,when you think about it….
They always are. Before the ink on the contract has even dried the player suddenly and inexplicably becomes the greatest in the entire universe, despite being a so-so journeyman who most other clubs had previously turned down.

It's obviously a media-thing: the rags have someone on the inside or the hacks are receiving brown envelopes from them, whatever it is there has to be something going on, because I've never known a club be given such an easy ride by the press in this country, ever.
Think of the incredible amounts of money they have spent on players over the years that have arrived at the swamp, ticker-tape swirling in the breeze, crowds lining the street like it was VE Day again, a trumpet fanfare accompanying the player at the press conference - and within a year he's become an expensive flop who's taking home best part of a half a million each week and he's not even in the squad. And the tabloids say nothing. The players' name is never mentioned again. Rinse and repeat.

A quick look on Wikipedia/Google will show you the revolving door of all the mega-bucks players they have signed over the years - both before and after Pissy-Jock Gargoyle's despotic reign. Continuously out-spending every club in the history of the English game, and not one tabloid hack daring to print anything even remotely negative about them.

They always are. Before the ink on the contract has even dried the player suddenly and inexplicably becomes the greatest in the entire universe, despite being a so-so journeyman who most other clubs had previously turned down.

It's obviously a media-thing: the rags have someone on the inside or the hacks are receiving brown envelopes from them, whatever it is there has to be something going on, because I've never known a club be given such an easy ride by the press in this country, ever.
Think of the incredible amounts of money they have spent on players over the years that have arrived at the swamp, ticker-tape swirling in the breeze, crowds lining the street like it was VE Day again, a trumpet fanfare accompanying the player at the press conference - and within a year he's become an expensive flop who's taking home best part of a half a million each week and he's not even in the squad. And the tabloids say nothing. The players' name is never mentioned again. Rinse and repeat.

A quick look on Wikipedia/Google will show you the revolving door of all the mega-bucks players they have signed over the years - both before and after Pissy-Jock Gargoyle's despotic reign. Continuously out-spending every club in the history of the English game, and not one tabloid hack daring to print anything even remotely negative about them.
I can still hear the tinkling of the ivories from a bygone signing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.