United Thread - 2023/24

They always are. Before the ink on the contract has even dried the player suddenly and inexplicably becomes the greatest in the entire universe, despite being a so-so journeyman who most other clubs had previously turned down.

It's obviously a media-thing: the rags have someone on the inside or the hacks are receiving brown envelopes from them, whatever it is there has to be something going on, because I've never known a club be given such an easy ride by the press in this country, ever.
Think of the incredible amounts of money they have spent on players over the years that have arrived at the swamp, ticker-tape swirling in the breeze, crowds lining the street like it was VE Day again, a trumpet fanfare accompanying the player at the press conference - and within a year he's become an expensive flop who's taking home best part of a half a million each week and he's not even in the squad. And the tabloids say nothing. The players' name is never mentioned again. Rinse and repeat.

A quick look on Wikipedia/Google will show you the revolving door of all the mega-bucks players they have signed over the years - both before and after Pissy-Jock Gargoyle's despotic reign. Continuously out-spending every club in the history of the English game, and not one tabloid hack daring to print anything even remotely negative about them.
Rinse and repeat. This mantra is the note that every agent must have against their Old Trafford contact details entry.

They are the submissive pay pigs of the PL.

Rag in the office getting giddy as apparently they are set to announce a new "dream team" (his words).

Laurent Blanc
Dan Ashworth
Paul Mitchell

I said yeah, but you'll still have tent peg managing the pile of shite you call a squad.

At work and overheard two none match going rag goons talking.
Gushing over the next great thing Mainoo or whatever he’s called.
Imagine says one, Him a Bellingham in the middle for England. Frightening how good it will be. Yeah says the other he bossed the scouse midfield.
Fucking muppet’s.

I actually think Mount could be the worst signing in football history you know. Worse than Antony.

Purely because if United had waited until January they could've saved about £30m and had an identical season. In six months we'll probably be saying they could've waited a year, got him for free and had pretty much the same season.

Rag in the office getting giddy as apparently they are set to announce a new "dream team" (his words).

Laurent Blanc
Dan Ashworth
Paul Mitchell

I said yeah, but you'll still have tent peg managing the pile of shite you call a squad.

If Laurent Blanc took over at United, by default they wouldn't have Ten Hag anymore, surely?

At work and overheard two none match going rag goons talking.
Gushing over the next great thing Mainoo or whatever he’s called.
Imagine says one, Him a Bellingham in the middle for England. Frightening how good it will be. Yeah says the other he bossed the scouse midfield.
Fucking muppet’s.
You can laugh, but in yesyerday's Times Henry Winter devoted a whole page about how Mainoo and the academy products can be the way to United's revival.
it made me a trifle nauseous to read it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.