United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new rules that Uefa are bringing in no longer excludes investment in infrastructure
Didn't know that
That can't be true. It would be impossible to penalise any business for investing in infrastructure. I have not seen that claim published anywhere. Lots of new stadiums being developed across Europe at present.

So is that 25% of the glazers 69%
And 25% of the other 31% then ?
That is 25% of 69% =17.25% plus up to 25% of the other 31% = 7.75%lways provided the shareholder wish to sell.

What concerns me more is whether or not the authorities who have to approve this arrangement will turn a blind eye to Brailsford's previous rug scandals, als also what positions will Ferguson and Gill hold.

Still a way to go.

That is 25% of 69% =17.25% plus up to 25% of the other 31% = 7.75%lways provided the shareholder wish to sell.

What concerns me more is whether or not the authorities who have to approve this arrangement will turn a blind eye to Brailsford's previous rug scandals, als also what positions will Ferguson and Gill hold.

Still a way to go.
It'll no doubt be swept under the carpet

Still a way to go.
No doubt brush it under the carpet

Goebbels in action.

ttykTFi.jpg

I’ve no idea how it works in cycling but are there any of the following?

Transfer windows
FFP

Would he be able to attract the best cyclists if they couldn’t ride in the Tour de France?
Only a very small fraction of World Tour riders on a team make it to the TdF team. There's the other grand tours and various stage races around the world they compete in. It's not like football where you have a first 11 who by and large play all the games. Cycling teams are massive.

Yes there's a transfer window and while there's no official budget cap, teams are limited by what their sponsors and owners bring to the table. Given that you can go and watch one of the prestigious events in world sport, the TdF for free on public roads, there's no ticket revenue. This is why loads of pro cycling teams go bust and why even the top World Tour teams change their names so often, every penny counts and it's all about sponsorship money.

The parallel between Brailsford and Guardiola is a real one. Just like Pep, he gets bashed for having the best riders and the biggest budget and "couldn't do it at Stoke" etc. But before he took over, British cycling was nowhere. He built the whole successful machine. Team Ineos has struggled to replace Chris Froome over the last couple of seasons but what he achieved there was incredible.

I've got a massive amount of respect for him, and the fact that he is a very serious and intelligent man and frankly a sports strategy genius is exactly why I think he'll sack off the rags after a few months. They're way beneath him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.