United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea was shit with his feet but more than made up for it with his shot stopping can Onana do both?
De Gea saved most of the close in shots with his legs and feet - the jammy bxxxxxd. It was his distribution that was his problem.
If Tent peg thinks he has solved the “playing out from the back “ conundrum by getting rid of De Gea I think he’s in for a shock.

Rashford for just above average striker is staying at a club who are complete mugs! A five year deal with another year option 375k a week wow!

Had one of his better seasons last year, however he finished 6th in the overall goal scoring standings in the Premier League. The rest of his stats were padded out by goals in the league cup and Europa League, will be interesting to see if last season was a one off or a change in fortunes to player that had a similar goal scoring record to Gabriel Jesus.

£375k a week is nuts, De Bruyne gets similar money to that but he has 5 x Premier league titles and a Champions league to show for it.

De Gea saved most of the close in shots with his legs and feet - the jammy bxxxxxd. It was his distribution that was his problem.
If Tent peg thinks he has solved the “playing out from the back “ conundrum by getting rid of De Gea I think he’s in for a shock.

I actually think it will make a big difference to them, but they'll still finish 3rd at best anyway.

The only reason De Gea managed to make saves that made himself look good over the years was because he never left his line. He was a glorified Shay Given and basically invited shots. Why come and claim an easy cross when you can stay on your line and tip the header wide for a corner? Not been good enough for a long time.

Onana will be more proactive and allow the defence to push out more, but they'll just have to adapt to a ton of different problems because half of their players arent good enough footballers if they actually want to play that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.