United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, all the comments after that. What about city? Cocks. :)
Just goes to show that the majority of football fans don’t understand FFP and how City’s charges are totally different to a simple breach of the 3 year rolling limit.

It’s sad that City fans have had to become quasi-forensic accountants, but that‘s life, I guess.

Even docking them 50 points should get them relegated.

I presume City are lobbying the premier league for United's email, ledgers and staff witnesses as this is going to get very interesting. Unlike Everton how have invested in a new stadium united have invested in fuck all and only the covid element could possibly save them

I think the Premier League wrote in the rules that it's 6 points plus 1 point per every £5 million so looking at something like a 30 point deduction.

I don't think it's in the rules, unless there's been a recent change. Masters suggested that should be the punishment for Everton but the investigatory panel dismissed it and said they'd come up with their own punishment....which ended up being exactly the same funnily enough.

Just goes to show that the majority of football fans don’t understand FFP and how City’s charges are totally different to a simple breach of the 3 year rolling limit.

It’s sad that City fans have had to become quasi-forensic accountants, but that‘s life, I guess.

Even docking them 50 points should get them relegated.

This is how bad it has become that the game isn’t just now played on a pitch, it’s played in front of independent panels to see who wins. The Premier League and Uefa opened up Pandora’s box when they implemented FFP, they are killing their product in ways they have not thought of when they dreamt this stupid idea up.

This is how bad it has become that the game isn’t just now played on a pitch, it’s played in front of independent panels to see who wins. The Premier League and Uefa opened up Pandora’s box when they implemented FFP, they are killing their product in ways they have not thought of when they dreamt this stupid idea up.
As long as they kill the rags, I'm OK with it.

Agreed. Most clubs will push the envelope when it comes to revenue and sponsorship. We got hacked and some of it looked fishy when pieced together.

If all the other clubs had their emails forensically looked at, I reckon they’ll all be at it, to some extent.

Everton's fine was for piss poor accounting and financial management. The rags might be done for similar ineptitude.

FFP will die a death at some point, but until it does, we’ll have this shite narrative that takes away from the enjoyment of the sport.

I presume City are lobbying the premier league for United's email, ledgers and staff witnesses as this is going to get very interesting. Unlike Everton how have invested in a new stadium united have invested in fuck all and only the covid element could possibly save them

Pl are starting a 4 year investigation as we speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.