United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
American golf who own the club have it up for sale, it's confusing. Probably more bullshit from the rags, they'll still be at Carrington in 20 years time imo.
They will move from Carrington so Ratcliffe can start tracking there

I note Ratcliffe's company is called Trawlers Ltd. Quite intuitive for the part owners of United. Hopefully, another sinking ship.

That's what was reported. The odd thing is that there is only one "Trawlers Ltd" registered at Companies House and that one is dissolved so clearly not the company referred to. I'm getting the whiff of yet another company involved in united's governance from outside the UK's jurisdiction.

Yea that's what he said. He read it of UEFA website
Wow, so Utd have or will fail PL ffp rules aswell then? Is that the correct assumption

Ive just checked. That's correct, £105m over three years. So utd have failed PL ffp , unless they are allowed to offset more losses due to covid under PL rules than Uefa??

Last edited:
Yea that's what he said. He read it of UEFA website
"UEFA added that acceptable losses will double from €30million (£25m) over three years to €60m (£50m) over the same period."|
Not a great source, but sounds right from memory

That's what was reported. The odd thing is that there is only one "Trawlers Ltd" registered at Companies House and that one is dissolved so clearly not the company referred to. I'm getting the whiff of yet another company involved in united's governance from outside the UK's jurisdiction.
Surely upstanding British citizen and Monaco tax exile, Sir Jim 'Brexit' Ratcliffe wouldn't be so underhand as to do something like that?

I agree, I am sure he said the £105m threshold was the same for UEFA and the PL?
Anyone know if this is correct?

No it isn't. The threshold for UEFA last year was 35 million euros if anything over 5 million was put in again as equity. And they say they failed because of 47 million euros of Covid losses that weren't allowed. So their FFP losses must have been between 82 and 35 million euros or 52 to 5 depending on equity injection (or not). What's that? Around 5 to 70 million? Well below the PL threshold. But they should be being monitored on an ongoing basis by the PL at that level. No news ....

How the hell they got down there from the huge reported losses is anyone's guess. Also no news ....

Wow, so Utd have or will fail PL ffp rules aswell then? Is that the correct assumption

Ive just checked. That's correct, £105m over three years. So utd have failed PL ffp , unless they are allowed to offset more losses due to covid under PL rules than Uefa??

Where do you see 105 million? And for UEFA, it will be euros not sterling.

I thought it was 5 million euros for 2022, under the old rules, going up to 35 if supported by an equity injection.

And for 2023 onwards, under the rules, 35 going up to 65 with equity injection and another 30 to 95 for particularly "virtuous" clubs.

May be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.