United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cant be serious. Can he ??
I can understand the Swiss one for tax dodging. French one for cleaning his cash.

Ivory coast...What national asset is he after or own via the club?

cocoa, oil and gas, rubber, diamonds, cobalt, copper, timber, water, and fish.

Silence from our media about his business interests compared to ours is defeaning.

But houjland does look good.
Based on what? His recent little purple patch that he's had just like Saint Rashford had last season?

Given the way united play ie Park the bus and hit teams on the break, I think all of their forwards are dogshit and their GF stats back that up.

With the time and space their forwards have in front of goal thanks to their playing style of hitting teams on the break they should be scoring far more goals than they do.

They appear to be hell bent on following our business model.
We're really in the shit if they take TOJ too!
They will be wanting their own 115 charges next....
Err, oh, hang on a min, as you were!

Whilst premature, he does seem to be better at retaining the ball and passing through the lines than most other England midfielders.

Our best two at the moment are probably Rice and Barkley.

Would Mainoo be worse than Hendo, Mount or Phillips?
Based on 11 starts? Surely we should be judging him after a full season. Lewis miley has been fantastic for Newcastle and was one of their best players in the champions league. Yet doesn’t get anywhere near the hype.

He could end up better, but the United hype is pushing him to another level.

Based on 11 starts? Surely we should be judging him after a full season. Lewis miley has been fantastic for Newcastle and was one of their best players in the champions league. Yet doesn’t get anywhere near the hype.

He could end up better, but the United hype is pushing him to another level.
Can’t disagree with that and the truth is probably somewhere in between him being world class and him not being good enough to be considered.

If it retires Hendo, it’s not all bad.

Based on what? His recent little purple patch that he's had just like Saint Rashford had last season?

Given the way united play ie Park the bus and hit teams on the break, I think all of their forwards are dogshit and their GF stats back that up.

With the time and space their forwards have in front of goal thanks to their playing style of hitting teams on the break they should be scoring far more goals than they do.
Based on knowing what a good player looks like. Rashford is dogshite if that helps, so are the rest of their team, a bunch of mercs. But hoijland looks talented unfortunately. Maybe I'm wrong but we will see once this patch is over.

Based on knowing what a good player looks like. Rashford is dogshite if that helps, so are the rest of their team, a bunch of mercs. But hoijland looks talented unfortunately. Maybe I'm wrong but we will see once this patch is over.
I was with a rag today who was talking about how good he was, and he said you can't expect such a young player to be scoring shitloads of goals, except Haaland, who's an exception.

I agreed, except Owen, Rooney, Shearer, Fowler, Cole, Aguero, Kane, Anelka, Suarez. To be fair, Henry took until he was 22.

Some players become world class later in their career (Drogba, for example), but most properly world class strikers are usually scoring lots of goals from an early age.

The key with any young player is can they get past the stage where everyone sees them as a goal threat and gives them extra attention. We've already seen this a little bit with Doku, with loads of teams doubling and even tripling up on him since his great start to the season.

I was with a rag today who was talking about how good he was, and he said you can't expect such a young player to be scoring shitloads of goals, except Haaland, who's an exception.

I agreed, except Owen, Rooney, Shearer, Fowler, Cole, Aguero, Kane, Anelka, Suarez. To be fair, Henry took until he was 22.

Some players become world class later in their career (Drogba, for example), but most properly world class strikers are usually scoring lots of goals from an early age.

The key with any young player is can they get past the stage where everyone sees them as a goal threat and gives them extra attention. We've already seen this a little bit with Doku, with loads of teams doubling and even tripling up on him since his great start to the season.
Yup, pretty much the same here. Though hoijland is no Michael Owen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.