United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financial Fair Play ???!!! Slating City yet the press and media getting all giddy and excited about the money those red shites will have to play with. The hypocrisy is off the scale but just what I expected....

He wants government money for the stadium (good luck with that), and to move FAC semis there, he needs FA agreement (good luck with that too).
2036 the FA deal with Wembley expires as well. I'd imagine it will be extended to cover the COVID shortfall in revenue.

Government money: that's our money. Any £ spent on the swamp is a £ not spent elsewhere. Against it on that basis and any proposal put forward for this funding has to be 100% transparent and open. Appreciate always a bigger picture but there's other infrastructure to invest in - £150 million needed to fix the RAAC in schools, investment in the nationwide youth academy that most would rather see then this project at a fraction of the proposed cost first.

If we're all bailing out a Ltd for a stadium that has been allowed to fall into disrepair so is no longer fit for purpose I want to know what we're dealing with, how it was allowed to happen and what mechanisms are in place to prevent it happening again? Oh and plans for revenue to come immediately back into the pubic purse rather then to the Ltd once operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.