United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This club is a marketing disaster.
What a stupid thing to say about city & Liverpool although I agree about knocking old toilet down

Can’t wait for all the internal politics to start & this fool to waste millions

Unfortunately United were never going to be shit forever, and whilst it will take a number of years to challenge City again, all this talk of a new stadium is a shame. Old Trafford my be the largest club ground in the country, but it's fucking shite. Ratcliffe may be the latest incumbent prick (albeit minority), but he's a serious operator and the fuckers are going to end up with a brand new state of the art 90,000 capacity stadium that the media will fawn over for years to come!!

(And the annoying travel to Wembley for semi-finals will be replaced by a trip to the rags lovely ground instead!)
So do you think all the businesses on Wharfside and The Freight Terminal will just roll over for Jim and pack up and fuck off? I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen.

And I very much doubt The FA will want to keep Wembley for all their major football events as it's an absolute cash cow for them and that's if(And it's a big if) the rags build a new stadium

Scruffy Jim should know the rags will need to knock a few more clubs off their perch before they reach City or Liverpool. He may run out of years as he is getting old now.

His strategy is to copy what Manchester City FC and CFG have done, even down to poaching staff. They have a business that has been overtaken on and off the field. For all the talk of a 90k Wembley of the North (a la Maine Road?) they would have to fill it, provide infrastructure plus spend a couple of billion on ground, facilities and players over at least 5 years with no guarantee of success and return on investment.

The ignomy and irony after all their criticism and malice aimed at City, who are not standing still. They should be so lucky.

So do you think all the businesses on Wharfside and The Freight Terminal will just roll over for Jim and pack up and fuck off? I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen.

And I very much doubt The FA will want to keep Wembley for all their major football events as it's an absolute cash cow for them and that's if(And it's a big if) the rags build a new stadium

Obviously hurdles to overcome and not a quick fix, but if people think United will remain in a stadium that is falling so far behind competitors in terms of facilities and hospitality then they are kidding themselves.

Maybe whilst the Glazers are majority shareholders it might not happen, but sooner or later they will get a new stadium. And when they do, it will clearly be something bigger than they have now.

The worry is that as we've seen many times in the past, these vermin have been bailed out by the government, using our money.

Really the scruff's plan should be laughed out of hand, but notice how Trafford has always received preferential treatment for infrastructure?

The smelly git should provide his and his american overlords money to bring their shitheap up to minimum standard. Of course this could all be an extended Clarkie....... and the fookers just stringing the plastics along!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.