United Thread - 2023/24

I was slated for years by reds & neutrals when i said he was average at best.

He's made a career out of running fast with the ball, in a straight line, straight into defenders, and sometimes gets passed men with a lucky ricochet or 2. He shoots from ANYWHERE, and sometimes, rarely, they go in.

He had a slight purple patch where he scored a few, and his defending or tracking back is non existent, and he doesn't even hide his laziness on the pitch.

I kinda get that reds backed him, but other fans were saying he was world class.

Never saw it, never will. He's incredibly limited as a player, and has bagged a £350k a week contract.

Sums them up perfectly.

Exactly what I've always said

Anything that requires good vision, passing, technique etc..he can't really do.

Even his shooting is mostly him blasting it as hard as possible, and sometimes it works.

He's pretty dangerous on a counter because he's quick off the mark, but your team has to be set up that way to get any joy out of him. In a team that actually plays through teams he wouldn't have the ability to do it.

He's probably a good option on the bench for a team that's winning and the opponents are going gung-ho trying to get back in the game and open at the back. Apart from that, I don't really see what he could offer any team except the rags who play hoof ball 90s footy.

I reckon if the rags had let him go a few years ago, he would probably be playing for a Sheffield United type of team because he wouldn't be cutting it at a big club and they wouldn't have sentiment for him as he's not from their academy. Or he would have followed a similar path as Lingard.

But on another day utd could have won. Small margins

If Ten Hag had anything about him, he would be honest that they got dominated. What purpose does it serve to lie to his own players if he wants them to improve? - the last thing you want his complacency by pretending you did well. Half the players won't be arsed about putting a shift in next week if the manager is satisfied with getting bummed in a derby.

That's why I like that spurs manager. When we beat them, he made no excuses and just said they couldn't overcome us because we're a better team, that's it. That's exactly what a good manager should be telling his team if he wants them to improve.

He's made a career out of running fast with the ball, in a straight line, straight into defenders, and sometimes gets passed men with a lucky ricochet or 2. He shoots from ANYWHERE, and sometimes, rarely, they go in.

He had a slight purple patch where he scored a few, and his defending or tracking back is non existent, and he doesn't even hide his laziness on the pitch.

I kinda get that reds backed him, but other fans were saying he was world class.

Never saw it, never will. He's incredibly limited as a player, and has bagged a £350k a week contract.

Sums them up perfectly.
I said exactly the same as soon as he came on to the scene and nothing has changed, he just runs fast straight at defenders and very occasionally finds himself through on goal still with ball at his feet, more by good luck than any real skill or ability and 9 times out of 10 his runs come to absolutely nothing.

Same with shooting, just selfishly shoots at every opportunity and very occasionally some go in.

Sums them up perfectly.
There's a reason I call him Rushforward, because that's pretty much all he's capable of.

The trouble with this shite club is any youth player comes through they associate them with a ex player, he’s the next Rooney, he’s the next Robson he’s the next Ronaldo and they end up being the next humpty dumpty because of the pressure. Was Foden Lewis or Bobb called the next Silva , reap what they sow.

The best goal Rashford will ever score is going to be forgotten to the ages ahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.