United Thread - 2023/24

Ref the highlighted bit above - I took my wife to the ABBA voyage show a few weeks ago. We stayed in Stratford about a 5 minute walk from what was the Olympic park / Olympic stadium. Stratford certainly doesn’t look like it has benefited much from being the centre of the Olympics not when compared to the impact our owner has had in Manchester
My SHMBO is from Stratford. You could see the Olympic stadium going up from the end of her parents’ road. Her mum was offered a tour of the site as part of a campaign to keep the locals onside, but honestly most were more excited about getting a John Lewis.

Stratford was always a bit edgy but I kinda enjoyed the vibe of the place pre-olympics. It’s changed now, but yeah, away from station you don’t have to go too far before it gets sketchy.

I could get in to the politics of the Olympic site at length but I’ll save you that. EXCEPT, it won’t be long now until Catweazel, Coe and the shill Burnham start on about affordable housing. For anyone interested, look at what happened to the Stratford Olympic village.

My SHMBO is from Stratford. You could see the Olympic stadium going up from the end of her parents’ road. Her mum was offered a tour of the site as part of a campaign to keep the locals onside, but honestly most were more excited about getting a John Lewis.

Stratford was always a bit edgy but I kinda enjoyed the vibe of the place pre-olympics. It’s changed now, but yeah, away from station you don’t have to go too far before it gets sketchy.

I could get in to the politics of the Olympic site at length but I’ll save you that. EXCEPT, it won’t be long now until Catweazel, Coe and the shill Burnham start on about affordable housing. For anyone interested, look at what happened to the Stratford Olympic village.

No wonder Scruffy Jim has brought Seb Coe in as part of his Tax Payer of the North (funded) stadium proposal.

Correct.

It feels like a massive betrayal,” said Amuzie, who now works as a community organiser for Citizens UK, a charity that helps local families living in overcrowded accommodation, and still shares a flat in Newham with his mother and two younger brothers. “It might look like the area has changed for the better, but it hasn’t for most existing residents,” he added. “They’ve brought a new community in, and they’re the ones reaping the benefits. There’s no way me or my friends could rent any of the new housing, or afford to buy a shared-ownership home, despite the fact that we campaigned for the Olympics to come here. Instead, the legacy has just meant gentrification on an industrial scale.”

There are many reasons for rage about £752m being casually tossed away on a stadium to accommodate a London football team currently larging it in the £5bn Premier League, though the contribution which that club is stumping up for the privilege tops the lot.

West Ham United have paid £15m – the cost of an average midfield player – towards the £323m alteration costs to their new ground and are finding about £2.5m a year – the annual salary of an average midfield player – to help with the running costs. And that’s their lot.

He originally purchased 25% of the shares ( a combination of both A & B shares) and then he put in another $300 million for stadium refurbishment, by purchasing new shears approx 2.7%. Therefore he holds somewhere between 27 an 28%, which to date have cost $1.6 billion
He had to make the same offer to all shareholders $33 this makes up the additional 2 / 3%

25% of the Class B ordinary shares of the Company,
a tender offer to acquire up to a number of shares that, at launch, will represent 25% of the Class A ordinary shares of the Company,
in each case at a price of $33.00 per share in cash
$300 million fund intended to enable future investment into the Club’s infrastructure at Old Trafford, comprising $200 million paid upon the closing of the transaction and a further $100 million by the end of 2024. Trawlers Limited will be issued additional Class A and Class B shares at $33.00 in respect of such investment.
Current share value is $14.37

He now owns >27% of >$1B of debt

He had to make the same offer to all shareholders $33 this makes up the additional 2 / 3%

25% of the Class B ordinary shares of the Company,
a tender offer to acquire up to a number of shares that, at launch, will represent 25% of the Class A ordinary shares of the Company,
in each case at a price of $33.00 per share in cash
$300 million fund intended to enable future investment into the Club’s infrastructure at Old Trafford, comprising $200 million paid upon the closing of the transaction and a further $100 million by the end of 2024. Trawlers Limited will be issued additional Class A and Class B shares at $33.00 in respect of such investment.
Current share value is $14.37

He now owns >27% of >$1B of debt
We all said what was in it for the Chelsea fan and now we know, it's all about free stadium funding and then the usual UMS tactic of creaming off the money each year.

Get used to it, this is going ahead. Ticks all the boxes, top Tory in charge (Coe), top Tory donor with previous in getting this government to pay for his investment (£600m plastics factory in the EU), opportunity for lots of developers to make lots of money at the public expense. ‘A total of 5,000 new homes, the majority said to be apartments, are also referenced. The document states the area 'can accommodate a large number of tall buildings ,ranging from six storeys to 30 storeys'.’ Note ’apartments’ no mention of social housing so lots of money to be trousered by the Tory donors. It will sail through Parliament, lots of Tory Ministers and MPs will be looking for new jobs soon and everyone else with any clout will be offered a ‘bribe’ sorry ‘incentive’ to pass it through. Burnham and some in the Labour Party (good proportion of rags anyway) will hold this up as a flagship investment as to what a Labour council can do. Lots of ‘transform‘ and ‘regenerate’ buzz words.

Scruffy Jim is not stupid his £1.2bn will be a good investment as he, and the Glazers, will make a small fortune out of it; paid for by you and I.

This will happen.

Taking off the blue tinted glasses for a moment, that you are quite probably right is indicative of what a shit show we've become as a country. We used to mock places like Italy for their grift and corruption but here we are. The likes of Coe are part of the underlying problem in this country but someone like Burnham should be made to feel as uncomfortable as possible about this not because it's got anything to do with the rags but because it's indicative of an era where politicians who claim to represent ordinary working people are more often complicit in screwing them over.

It’s going to be interesting for new incoming chief exec of the combined councils deals with any inevitable fallout from any funding given to the rags while regeneration money is needed in all of areas.

Regarding Burnham my mauds company has had dealing with him regarding a very night level job and these are her words “He’s a complete arrogant twat”

is this stadium getting built before they sign Kane or Mbappe or after, never fucking happen in a month of Sundays, the PR machine is well and trully up and running so dont believe a word, the country is on its backside 'skint' with no money to fund a Wembley North for them cunts, and if there was enough money there would be public rage with people dying of the likes of cancer while on a waiting list for treatment
Unfortunately we live in a Corporatcracy, the whole point of which is to funnel tax payers money to corporate entities.

all that money spent and there'll still only be one premier league team in manchester, they'll be the west ham of the north, a mid table team in a shiny new stadium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.