United Thread - 2023/24

I'm sure the only reason any club would look to sign Rashford is for his commercial/social media revenue generating value rather than his footballing abilities.
No. Some teams want a left winger to poll one in from thirty yards every 20th game and do nothing else ever. Also they love fish fingers. Step forward Al somebody or other from Saudi.

A Wembley of the North is only a good idea if the FA signal willingness to locate England matches and FA Cups there. Thanks to Ken Bates, the FA have a long term contract with Wembley to pay off the debt on the stadium by staging cup semi finals, finals, and internationals there. Not sure of the current state of play but I suspect that the Wembley of the North is a non starter.
Quiz question: which stadium was built as a Wembley of the North? (Not MR)
Vale Park

Perhaps some of the financial gurus on here could comment on whether United with their present borrowings - plus other monies it is assumed the Glazers have borrowed against Man Uniteds assets - whether they have the financial option to borrow another 2 or 3 billion - I’m sure with their income they could make bond repayments but would the financial markets react favourably to them having debts of 5 to 6 times their annual income ? That’s why I think Scuffy Jim is floating this idea - he knows their no direct public money but he’s hoping for tax breaks and a few development grants etc. and they’ll create a separate (shell) entity (registered in the Cayman Islands) building a Wembley of the north and then funding it privately with a guarantee of games from the FA and UEFA - (Gill will be greasing a few palms) - and United will get a new stadium with the costs not on their books but with an annual fee to play their and no costs associated with the stadium or its upkeep on their books. No doubt that entity will go bust in a few years but no one will really care and United will take on the assets and liabilities for £1.
@nmc right sorry, I havent read all of your post, far too long and I've had a beer (and wine and Port) but i noticed no one else had replied. One piece of advice, in a rag thread, keep it short. Ask if they are scum. It usually gets a reply.
But......
To answer you question. Who gives a fuck their scum.

@nmc right sorry, I havent read all of your post, far too long and I've had a beer (and wine and Port) but i noticed no one else had replied. One piece of advice, in a rag thread, keep it short. Ask if they are scum. It usually gets a reply.
But......
To answer you question. Who gives a fuck their scum.

Rag. ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.