United Thread - 2023/24

Great story.
I also met David after the Pompey Game when we clinched The Championship
Me and my Gf were rather hammered after being on a corporate do
As I staggered out of the Door from the Maine Stand I bumped into him with his fellow directors
I thanked him for the day and getting us back too
At which point he nearly shook my hand off and invited my gf and I to meet the players
Unfortunately as I had been drinking champagne all afternoon I was feeling rather sick declined politely as I was about to empty the contents of my stomach in his direction
A wise choice , as 5 mins later I promptly threw up down the street
I don't think it would really have gone down well with DB Or the club in general!
God knows what my Gf thought of it all!, but she repeated my efforts an hour later in the pub

True, true, true.. and something complainers on here ought to bear in mind when having a pop regarding Khaldoon et al's handling of the media and so on.

BTW, one of the lads who used to be in my team of Reps years ago was a nephew of Len Shackleton. He and I used to talk often about 'The Clown Prince of Football', especially as I had read Shackleton's autobiography as a kid (he was also delighted when I told him my Old Man rated Shackleton second only to City's own Peter Doherty)

My colleague used to to tell of how his Uncle Len loved to entertain the kids at family get-togethers such as weddings and christenings by juggling a tennis ball, with his feet doing the 'keepy-uppies' and then heading the tennis ball onto his shoulders, rolling it from side to side.. even in his 'Sunday best' shoes!

Sounds like he was a great bloke, as well as a phenomenally talented player.. and also intelligent enough to recognise 'Board Room Wrong'Uns' when he met them!
Lovely to hear about the great Len. He was, indeed, "phenomeally talented", and tore City to shreds whaen Bradford P.A. puteight past City at Maine Road.
He then signed for Neecastle and scored six on his debut in a 13-0 win over Newport County. Six goals on debut!
When I was a lad I saw him for Sunderland when he and Ivor Broadis were their inside-forwards.
Of course he only played a handful of games for England, ass he was something of a rebel, and didn't toe the party line.
England have always mistrusted the mavericks, alas.

pope-francis-imparts-a-message-scaled.jpeg
'On this holiest of weekends we never forget the poor and downtrodden. In 1985 a fat,balding, orange man with glasses approached me wanting to meet his football team.

"What are they called my child?"

"The famous Man United your holiness."

"Who the fuck are Man United!?" I replied.

They inspired this famous hymn I would like you all to join me in singing...'

View attachment 112035
'On this holiest of weekends we never forget the poor and downtrodden. In 1985 a fat,balding, orange man with glasses approached me wanting to meet his football team.

You never see Jesus and Rashford in the same room. Both go missing on weekends and claim to feed the 5000.

View attachment 112035

The non-football people involved at United are making some noise about how a football club should work

The 1st thing is never to let the board or shareowners get involved with the football side of things because they know fuck all about football for a start, 2nd thing is having a board built of shareowners with a voice or an image and ego.

United and their fans are heading for another crash and breakdown if they think Jim and his 25% stake is the answer, Make no bones about it the Glazer have pulled off a masterstroke and took Jim's £1.5billion and pocked the lot, Jim will have to work with peanuts and a possible FFP breach, Revenue is down and making losses Debt climbing so where is the money coming from for this new club build and new Wembley of the north,
You can imagine them all sat in the boardroom having a good old barney, with Omar Berrada in the middle saying "But Jim...", "Hang on Avram...", "I don't think that's helpful Joel..." with about as much success as the mods have trying to keep the PL charges thread on track.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.