United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They spent most of THIS years potential budget LAST year on Antony & Casemiro.
They haven't raised any money from sales, and are unlikely to raise much with the squad they would like to get rid of, nor would other clubs want.
They have the ongoing commitments of paying off what they've already bought.
They have a high amortisation charge ongoing for their previous buys in the accounts.
They have a static or falling commercial revenue.
They have the potential for more TV money (CL), but that's next year's spends.
And... they really can't spend much without knowing who is the owner for next season, unless it's just a ploy by the Glazers to keep the sheep onside.

They really are screwed, unless they corner the market in Zebra pants and green/gold scarfs futures...
Does this answer your questions....

Next

Wednesday at 13:56

RedStarUnited

Full Member​

Joined Mar 25, 2008Messages 7,421
Why does it feel like every year we struggle to sell players? I constantly see that its because of wages, but I dont believe United players oaverage are getting paid anymore than their Chelsea counterparts for example.

Jadon Sancho is a year younger than Havertz, has similar stats to him despite not being a starter for us. I cant see a world were we could sell him for anything close to 50 million, yet Chelsea just agreed a deal for 65m to sell Havertz.

Maguire pretty much spent a year on the bench. And still has no real offers to leave us. Even if you can accept he is shite, this is still an England regular in a time when England are actually doing relatively well.

I imagine if we decided to sell Rashford this summer, we wouldn't get anywhere near the amount other teams would. And this is a Rashford who is young and has had the best season of his life.

I cant quite put my finger on it. Maybe all the players that we have are so happy being at United they tell their agents not to bother speaking to anyone.

Next

RedStarUnited

Full Member​

Why does it feel like every year we struggle to sell players? I constantly see that its because of wages, but I dont believe United players oaverage are getting paid anymore than their Chelsea counterparts for example.

Jadon Sancho is a year younger than Havertz, has similar stats to him despite not being a starter for us. I cant see a world were we could sell him for anything close to 50 million, yet Chelsea just agreed a deal for 65m to sell Havertz.

Maguire pretty much spent a year on the bench. And still has no real offers to leave us. Even if you can accept he is shite, this is still an England regular in a time when England are actually doing relatively well.

I imagine if we decided to sell Rashford this summer, we wouldn't get anywhere near the amount other teams would. And this is a Rashford who is young and has had the best season of his life.

I cant quite put my finger on it. Maybe all the players that we have are so happy being at United they tell their agents not to bother speaking to anyone.

Whatever helps them get through the day .

Ah, I see Rashford is the new Jesse Lingard. Just a youngster breaking through everyone. Definitely not a senior pro who'll be 26 shortly after the start of the season.

Next

RedStarUnited

Full Member​

Most united fans have no clue on how transfer money is dealt with in accounting terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.