United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they’re happy being at a club paying then wages no-one else can match, but winning nothing, then they’ve found their level. Saudi pro-league, only with rain.

They need to ask why they need to pay those wages considering that their " targets " are going to be joining the greatest club in the world :)

They spent most of THIS years potential budget LAST year on Antony & Casemiro.
They haven't raised any money from sales, and are unlikely to raise much with the squad they would like to get rid of, nor would other clubs want.
They have the ongoing commitments of paying off what they've already bought.
They have a high amortisation charge ongoing for their previous buys in the accounts.
They have a static or falling commercial revenue.
They have the potential for more TV money (CL), but that's next year's spends.
And... they really can't spend much without knowing who is the owner for next season, unless it's just a ploy by the Glazers to keep the sheep onside.

They really are screwed, unless they corner the market in Zebra pants and green/gold scarfs futures...
Are you saying the Rag idiots have been lied to and they're not buying Mbappe, Kane and Mount ! No surely not.

They spent most of THIS years potential budget LAST year on Antony & Casemiro.
They haven't raised any money from sales, and are unlikely to raise much with the squad they would like to get rid of, nor would other clubs want.
They have the ongoing commitments of paying off what they've already bought.
They have a high amortisation charge ongoing for their previous buys in the accounts.
They have a static or falling commercial revenue.
They have the potential for more TV money (CL), but that's next year's spends.
And... they really can't spend much without knowing who is the owner for next season, unless it's just a ploy by the Glazers to keep the sheep onside.

They really are screwed, unless they corner the market in Zebra pants and green/gold scarfs futures...
Beautiful words.

Things I thought I'd never see in my lifetime
CITY win league - ✔️
CITY win FA cup - ✔️
CITY, win league cup- ✔️
CITY win champs league - ✔️
Rags to be relegated -

Love to have last one ticked I'm 49 hopefully I'll.see it :)
Dear @Blue_Rossy I hope you don't mind but I can tick all of them.
My tick list includes the fuckers going belly up. I'm 65, hopefully I'll see it.

It's a glorious irony that the rules these cunts forced in to stop us are hurting them.

I wonder how they'll spin getting rid of FFPR?

I know.

"We must abolish it to be able to challenge City"
Too late.

The damage is already done.

With or without FFP the rags are destined to live out the remainder of their wretched lives in the shadow of MCFC

Things I thought I'd never see in my lifetime
CITY win league - ✔️
CITY win FA cup - ✔️
CITY, win league cup- ✔️
CITY win champs league - ✔️
Rags to be relegated -

Love to have last one ticked I'm 49 hopefully I'll.see it :)
Much that I would LOVE to see it, in the current climate I don't see the PL allowing the Rag's to be relegated. They are one of the founding pillars of the PL, and unlike Everton they are a global brand (whether we like it or not). They have the tools within the PiGMOL to keep them in a relatively comfortable position without making it look too obvious.

Much that I would LOVE to see it, in the current climate I don't see the PL allowing the Rag's to be relegated. They are one of the founding pillars of the PL, and unlike Everton they are a global brand (whether we like it or not). They have the tools within the PiGMOL to keep them in a relatively comfortable position without making it look too obvious.

Also, unlike Everton and even without any help, a club that spends the amount of money that United spend every year on players, is never going to be anywhere near relegation these days.

Chelsea pretty much pushed the limits of a rich club underachieving to new levels last seasons. Yet there was never any chance it was going to end in anything worse than mid table mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.