United Thread - 2023/24

Former Manchester United midfielder David Beckham tells BBC Radio 5 Live Breakfast's Rick Edwards how he hopes a documentary about the club's Treble-winning campaign in 1998-99 can inspire the Old Trafford side out of their current struggle

Fucking hell Beckham you really are deluded if you think this can remotely happen in the near future.
They will never move forward till they ditch their obsession with the past. They have become a parody club. All I heard today in the media was stuff about "The Class of 92" and their famous battle with Arsenal. The world of football is moving forward more rapidly than ever. It is absurd for United and their fans (and a dying media) to fixate on what happened 25 years ago. The first rule of modern business is if you can't embrace change you will die.

Reminds me of a painting job near Heaton park. House was massive. Was on the top runs with a paintbrush stuck to the end of a stick. Snapped off and hit every garden ornament. Was gutter paint, not comin off. Same house, spent the day undercoating, inside and out. Went back next day to gloss it. Get a phone call: "this gloss" "Its not shiny". "What do yer mean it's not shiny?" We've only undercoated the whole lot twice. Never got asked back.

I'm still salivating at the thought of the Waistcoat being there next season. Dull, uninspiring football led by a dull, uninspiring man.
But even if Southgate doesn't take it their only real alternative would be Tuchel, and they won't like him at all - too demanding for the rags.

I like it when ex rags go public about how utterly shit the club is. Cole and the father of the year are the latest ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.