United Thread - 2023/24

Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, rags and Villa all did the same anytime they were winning (so rarely in Chelsea's case). As much as I hate the dippers they didn't tbf.
Running the clock down when you are winning is different from running the clock down in the first minute of the game, when it is 0-0.

Newcastle did that against all of the top 6 last season.

I agree. Newcastle were doing everything they could in order to stop the flow of the game. I had no idea Eddie Howe would stoop to that level, but maybe it was just a one off? New season and all that.
But Arteta has no excuse for his utterly appalling shenanigans. He's been at Arsenal longer that Howe has been at Newcastle, and he was tutored by Pep, so why the constant negativity?
In all the years I've been watching football I have never seen so much blatant time-wasting going on by a professional club. You could see it was a deliberate tactic from him.

An ex-bandmate of mine is a season ticket holder, and he said he was ashamed of their behaviour ("taking it to a new dimension" were his precise words regarding Arsenal's ludicrous time-wasting).

You like to think that sporting officials in this country would clamp down on this sort of behaviour, but then you remember this is the Premier league and pgmol we're talking about.

I agree. Newcastle were doing everything they could in order to stop the flow of the game. I had no idea Eddie Howe would stoop to that level, but maybe it was just a one off? New season and all that.
But Arteta has no excuse for his utterly appalling shenanigans. He's been at Arsenal longer that Howe has been at Newcastle, and he was tutored by Pep, so why the constant negativity?
In all the years I've been watching football I have never seen so much blatant time-wasting going on by a professional club. You could see it was a deliberate tactic from him.

An ex-bandmate of mine is a season ticket holder, and he said he was ashamed of their behaviour ("taking it to a new dimension" were his precise words regarding Arsenal's ludicrous time-wasting).

You like to think that sporting officials in this country would clamp down on this sort of behaviour, but then you remember this is the Premier league and pgmol we're talking about.

crème brûlée?​

Running the clock down when you are winning is different from running the clock down in the first minute of the game, when it is 0-0.

Newcastle did that against all of the top 6 last season.
Arsenal and the rags did it to us at 0-0 as well.

Arsenal and the rags did it to us at 0-0 as well.
Yep. They can't be kicking up a stink when they do it themselves.

Only two teams in the league go out not to time waste from the start in my opinion. That's us and the dippers. Even when we play eachother both sides want the ball in play and get down to business.

When the other top 4 clubs play against eachother as in Rags, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea ect It's shit and boring as fuck.

Yep. They can't be kicking up a stink when they do it themselves.

Only two teams in the league go out not to time waste from the start in my opinion. That's us and the dippers. Even when we play eachother both sides want the ball in play and get down to business.

When the other top 4 clubs play against eachother as in Rags, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea ect It's shit and boring as fuck.

Plus Brighton

If you look at the stats for time in play, it has got worse throughout the league. Fans are being cheated and action is needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.