United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be the way with them for the last few seasons.

The (rare) games where they do have lots of possession and chances they usually fail to win... its the games where they get comprehensively outplayed that they tend to hit the opposition with a sucker punch goal and end up scraping a thoroughly undeserved win.
Worrying times for the scummy rag cunts & long may it continue! Blatant wolves pen not given then battered off spurs, then outclassed by burnley all be it a friendly, happy days :)

They just can’t shift him. And I suppose you can't blame him. Engaging devil's advocate mode here; if a player has a legally binding contract for, say, 100k a week (5.2m a year), with two years left on the deal, and the club wants to sell him; why should he settle for half that figure? It's not his choice to go, after all.

Now, I understand that in a lot of these cases, a compromise is usually reached between the player and his employer. But it seems Harold is, like the lady, not for turning.

I get that but if he signs say a 4 year contract on the same (or more) pay then he's not losing out.
Now if West Ham were offering him less then fair enough, chase the rags for the difference.

I get that but if he signs say a 4 year contract on the same (or more) pay then he's not losing out.
Now if West Ham were offering him less then fair enough, chase the rags for the difference.

Perhaps the rags have reneged on a promise they made somewhere in the transfer discussions ?

Who cares, the cunts are stuck with a player they are desperate to sell, and he is showing no attempt to help them out.

win win

Perhaps the rags have reneged on a promise they made somewhere in the transfer discussions ?

Who cares, the cunts are stuck with a player they are desperate to sell, and he is showing no attempt to help them out.

win win
Good on him, he’s gone way up my good **** ladder…!

Yeah; but he wants to have his cake and eat it, doesn't he? He'll argue that, once he's left utd's employment, it's none of their business what he earns elsewhere. Is he being greedy? Yes. Of course. I doubt he's going to struggle to meet the mortgage payment in the next few months, somehow. But utd were presumably (?) happy to hand him the contract he's on. I'm assuming there's no clause there that they could settle the balance of the contract on a sliding percentage scale, according to how long is left on the contract. I doubt any agent would agree to that anyway. Maybe they could get him on "misrepresentation", namely that he isn't fit for the role he was "manufactured" for.

;-)

Yeah; but he wants to have his cake and eat it, doesn't he? He'll argue that, once he's left utd's employment, it's none of their business what he earns elsewhere. Is he being greedy? Yes. Of course. I doubt he's going to struggle to meet the mortgage payment in the next few months, somehow. But utd were presumably (?) happy to hand him the contract he's on. I'm assuming there's no clause there that they could settle the balance of the contract on a sliding percentage scale, according to how long is left on the contract. I doubt any agent would agree to that anyway. Maybe they could get him on "misrepresentation", namely that he isn't fit for the role he was "manufactured" for.

;-)
Instigate extradition to Greece?

They just can’t shift him. And I suppose you can't blame him. Engaging devil's advocate mode here; if a player has a legally binding contract for, say, 100k a week (5.2m a year), with two years left on the deal, and the club wants to sell him; why should he settle for half that figure? It's not his choice to go, after all.

Now, I understand that in a lot of these cases, a compromise is usually reached between the player and his employer. But it seems Harold is, like the lady, not for turning.

I’ve just looked Wiki, and his given names are Jacob Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.