United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can sort of understand it from Burnleys point of view, new to the PL so wanting as many games as possible to try and adapt to the pace and performance level required.

But for a club of united's supposed stature to feel the need to play a behind closed doors friendly with the season underway suggests their manager has a certain level of desperation, panic and concern about how the team are performing.

Kompany had Burnley back well early, they should be a lot sharper than other teams. United played a lot of friendlies this summer including both Saturday and Sunday when City played the charity shield. Something must be concerning Pound Shop Pep, getting pumped 3 nil off Burnley will be giving him some sleepless nights. They don’t get a result against Notts Forest this weekend it could get interesting.

Kompany had Burnley back well early, they should be a lot sharper than other teams. United played a lot of friendlies this summer including both Saturday and Sunday when City played the charity shield. Something must be concerning Pound Shop Pep, getting pumped 3 nil off Burnley will be giving him some sleepless nights. They don’t get a result against Notts Forest this weekend it could get interesting.
If Forest dick them (they won't, by the way), Poundland better have the removal company on speed dial.

They just can’t shift him. And I suppose you can't blame him. Engaging devil's advocate mode here; if a player has a legally binding contract for, say, 100k a week (5.2m a year), with two years left on the deal, and the club wants to sell him; why should he settle for half that figure? It's not his choice to go, after all.

Now, I understand that in a lot of these cases, a compromise is usually reached between the player and his employer. But it seems Harold is, like the lady, not for turning.

Is this behind closed door stuff all bollocks or has it happened? Is it being reported anywhere reputable as I'm not particularly going to trust Bluemoon

One of my mates txt me saying the rags had 6 1st team players playing, burnley had 72% possession & should’ve won 6 or 7 with the chances they missed! oh how the “mighty” have fallen!! :)
This seems to be the way with them for the last few seasons.

The (rare) games where they do have lots of possession and chances they usually fail to win... its the games where they get comprehensively outplayed that they tend to hit the opposition with a sucker punch goal and end up scraping a thoroughly undeserved win.

They just can’t shift him. And I suppose you can't blame him. Engaging devil's advocate mode here; if a player has a legally binding contract for, say, 100k a week (5.2m a year), with two years left on the deal, and the club wants to sell him; why should he settle for half that figure? It's not his choice to go, after all.

Now, I understand that in a lot of these cases, a compromise is usually reached between the player and his employer. But it seems Harold is, like the lady, not for turning.

If he feels shit on by the club / manager why should he do them any favours ?

If they want rid, they should get it sorted, but it's quite clear that there is no genuine leadership at the fucking dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.