United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price. Purely relative and I don't get why some get on such high horses about it.
It's not the 70's - it's a multi billionaire's sport now. Less than a day's earnings for some. You'd think it was coming out of some's 123 account.
The price is everything. If clubs see the rags continually being fleeced for 20 million above value, they all add on 20 mill.
Add on the fact that players know they can demand top dollar. It all adds up.
It's why they stand to lose 100 mil plus if they sell Sancho and the rest. They paid stupid money and now it's biting them on the arse.

To me DeGea sums up the rags. At the start of the season ten bob wanted to play out from the back, DeGea can't do that. He had one year left on his contract.
A sensible club would, at the begining of the season start looking round for a replacement whilst asking ten Bob if he wants DeGea or who ever.
If ten Bob wants him they get him to sign the contract ASAP. If he doesn't they sign the keeper as soon as the window opens.
Not united though, they seem to have been caught by suprise that his contract is up and the manager doesn't want him. They have no plan about anything. Now they face paying way over the odds (as usual) because the selling club know they are desperate. What a way to run a club.
Great isn't it.

The price. Purely relative and I don't get why some get on such high horses about it.
It's not the 70's - it's a multi billionaire's sport now. Less than a day's earnings for some. You'd think it was coming out of some's 123 account.

Do you understand the meaning of hypocrisy and the double standards that are used whenever the media comment on a signing the rags make ?

Obviously not ................as you were.

To me DeGea sums up the rags. At the start of the season ten bob wanted to play out from the back, DeGea can't do that. He had one year left on his contract.
A sensible club would, at the begining of the season start looking round for a replacement whilst asking ten Bob if he wants DeGea or who ever.
If ten Bob wants him they get him to sign the contract ASAP. If he doesn't they sign the keeper as soon as the window opens.
Not united though, they seem to have been caught by suprise that his contract is up and the manager doesn't want him. They have no plan about anything. Now they face paying way over the odds (as usual) because the selling club know they are desperate. What a way to run a club.
Great isn't it.

Fucking shambles of a club deluding themselves that they are still relevant.

Very average player, who can't seem to get anywhere near the England team.

Surprised they didn't try and sign Maddison, who I think is a better player, and fairly similar.

Suppose it shows which baskets they're shopping in these days.

Do you understand the meaning of hypocrisy and the double standards that are used whenever the media comment on a signing the rags make ?

Obviously not ................as you were.
No I would have to be as clever as you to understand hypocrisy. I'd then be able to follow the discussion.

As I am ...... thick.

Surprised they didn't try and sign Maddison, who I think is a better player, and fairly similar.

You mean couldn't get near the England team.... he's just had the biggest boost possible signing for the rags.

I'm going to go out on a limb and barring injuries he'll start the next few games.

Mount has been ahead of Foden in the England set up for about 3 years? What tournaments have you been watching?

Mount played a season on loan in the Dutch league, and Ten Hag has had a boner for him ever since.

As I mentioned previously, even the potential buyers are apparently frustrated at the lack of clarity with united's (Cayman Island based) accounts and those potential buyers are no doubt engaging the services of the best forensic accountants available as part of a multi-billion pound deal.

So how come the footballing authorities are completely satisfied that united's accounts are completely in order and above board and they're fully compliant with all FFP requirements?
I don't think they look that hard. Ours have been fraudulent for 15 years and no one noticed

He's a strange signing to me. I've never been particularly impressed by him and he's not done a stroke for England. He looks like he's been carried by some better Chelsea players over the years. I'm not bothered who he signs for as I don't think he will strengthen anyone.

Maybe Ten Haag will make a player of him - after all, that's what good coaches do - but I don't think he is a good signing for what they paid. All the United fans I know are slightly underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.