United Thread - 2023/24

United claiming Old Trafford should be the National Stadium Of The North as the rags are “the biggest club in the world”. However, we have no money, in fact it’s worse than that we owe almost a billion pounds. Regardless, our new stadium should be paid for by other people’s money.

You’d need an oxygen mask to reach the heights of the rag’s arrogance.
Lovely bit if writing.............. :-)

Get used to it, this is going ahead. Ticks all the boxes, top Tory in charge (Coe), top Tory donor with previous in getting this government to pay for his investment (£600m plastics factory in the EU), opportunity for lots of developers to make lots of money at the public expense. ‘A total of 5,000 new homes, the majority said to be apartments, are also referenced. The document states the area 'can accommodate a large number of tall buildings ,ranging from six storeys to 30 storeys'.’ Note ’apartments’ no mention of social housing so lots of money to be trousered by the Tory donors. It will sail through Parliament, lots of Tory Ministers and MPs will be looking for new jobs soon and everyone else with any clout will be offered a ‘bribe’ sorry ‘incentive’ to pass it through. Burnham and some in the Labour Party (good proportion of rags anyway) will hold this up as a flagship investment as to what a Labour council can do. Lots of ‘transform‘ and ‘regenerate’ buzz words.

Scruffy Jim is not stupid his £1.2bn will be a good investment as he, and the Glazers, will make a small fortune out of it; paid for by you and I.

This will happen.
Tend to agree with you Fred :-(
My concern is when they start knocking the shit house down where are the scum going to play ?

Tend to agree with you Fred :-(
My concern is when they start knocking the shit house down where are the scum going to play ?
It’s not going to be the Etihad.

At the footballing level - the Number of matches can’t be accommodated by the pitch - doubling it’s use is not viable. IMO

And I really can’t see how City could accommodate playing ‘away’ against them. Let alone the trashing of the stadia facilities after each of their games.

The first question from the vice president of America to Seb Coe is about Utd lol
Seb Coe: Lovely to meet you Mr of Mrs vice president - where would you like to start?

Athletics and how it could be used as source of good to reduce gun crime?

Mr of Mrs Vice president: No, Maaan Yooo init!?!

That roof been fixed yet?

Get used to it, this is going ahead. Ticks all the boxes, top Tory in charge (Coe), top Tory donor with previous in getting this government to pay for his investment (£600m plastics factory in the EU), opportunity for lots of developers to make lots of money at the public expense. ‘A total of 5,000 new homes, the majority said to be apartments, are also referenced. The document states the area 'can accommodate a large number of tall buildings ,ranging from six storeys to 30 storeys'.’ Note ’apartments’ no mention of social housing so lots of money to be trousered by the Tory donors. It will sail through Parliament, lots of Tory Ministers and MPs will be looking for new jobs soon and everyone else with any clout will be offered a ‘bribe’ sorry ‘incentive’ to pass it through. Burnham and some in the Labour Party (good proportion of rags anyway) will hold this up as a flagship investment as to what a Labour council can do. Lots of ‘transform‘ and ‘regenerate’ buzz words.

Scruffy Jim is not stupid his £1.2bn will be a good investment as he, and the Glazers, will make a small fortune out of it; paid for by you and I.

This will happen.
Yep and he will have tested the water before putting his money in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.