United Thread | 2024/25

In fun news:
Currently near Guildford at a very nice festival called Weyfest… saw 1 city top on a child on Thursday (and me), saw a Chelsea top yesterday. Today , they’re all out, well I’ve seen 2, and talked to one (without shirt)…
Got randomly chatting about the festival , then he asked where i was from ‘Manchester’ (seems I’m the only one here).. ‘manchester, so .. red or blue?’ (Note at this point it really hadn’t dawned on me that he would be a united fan in their natural habitat), ‘City, obviously, as we’re the only team in Manchester’
‘Oh well we’re top of the league!’
‘Ah you’re united… of course … I’m in Surrey… and you’re not top … dont say it, don’t say it.. Brighton are’
‘Oh… didn’t know that… anyway cantona is a legend’
‘Really? Mr kung fu?’
‘Yes’
‘The man who took the Munich charity for 250k?’
‘Oh…what?’
‘Yeah 250k and I presume you knew about the appalling treatment of the Munich families by united?’
‘Err what?’
‘You really don’t know United do you. Or that you bought the league?’
‘No that’s you!’
‘No, you floated on stock exchange, then you were valued at £20m for Knighton takeover and then spent that the next season on new players’
‘Err’

At this point his poor wife admitted she hated football, and I agreed, ‘so does your husband it seems’

A very satisfying chat at the end of a great 3rd night of the festival.

Lessons being taught in the school holidays ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.