United Thread | 2024/25

Invading a pitch..... "Failure to control your own supporters".

Rags... "Swept under the carpet. We don't want to punish a cash cow that brings in the TV money".

As for my earlier FA Cup rant... It's also only seen as a big deal because it's seen as an English cultural icon. You don't see the German or French media for example do this to their own domestic straight knock-out balls from a bag tourney. It isn't just the media narrative or parents of supporters telling them how much they loved "Cup Final Day", when it was relevant.

All it is these days is "Non League club gets a place in the media spotlight, then in the end a Premier League team wins it, even if they are the only ones left at the semi final stage".

Just not the same anymore and it actually saved Tent Pegs job. It would not have saved Mancini's job if we beat Wigan. Not many South American countries have their own equivalent of the FA Cup and if they do, it's hasn't been going on for long. Brazil only started their's in 1989.

Last night proved in my opinion, Fulham are crap and are Second Season Syndrome material. Like Leeds in recent times.

The game is fucked, its corruption in plain sight and yet nobody is calling it out.
This morning the rags were back where they belong, top of the league and yet, the Premier League then go and allow some other teams to play some matches. How's is that allowed? Why is it allowed ? How can the world's greatest players hog the headlines if other teams are allowed to play matches ?
Am I wrong?

In fun news:
Currently near Guildford at a very nice festival called Weyfest… saw 1 city top on a child on Thursday (and me), saw a Chelsea top yesterday. Today , they’re all out, well I’ve seen 2, and talked to one (without shirt)…
Got randomly chatting about the festival , then he asked where i was from ‘Manchester’ (seems I’m the only one here).. ‘manchester, so .. red or blue?’ (Note at this point it really hadn’t dawned on me that he would be a united fan in their natural habitat), ‘City, obviously, as we’re the only team in Manchester’
‘Oh well we’re top of the league!’
‘Ah you’re united… of course … I’m in Surrey… and you’re not top … dont say it, don’t say it.. Brighton are’
‘Oh… didn’t know that… anyway cantona is a legend’
‘Really? Mr kung fu?’
‘Yes’
‘The man who took the Munich charity for 250k?’
‘Oh…what?’
‘Yeah 250k and I presume you knew about the appalling treatment of the Munich families by united?’
‘Err what?’
‘You really don’t know United do you. Or that you bought the league?’
‘No that’s you!’
‘No, you floated on stock exchange, then you were valued at £20m for Knighton takeover and then spent that the next season on new players’
‘Err’

At this point his poor wife admitted she hated football, and I agreed, ‘so does your husband it seems’

A very satisfying chat at the end of a great 3rd night of the festival.

As far back as I can remember, stopping a free kick being taken is an automatic booking

Martinez did it last night and the free kick taker got booked

It has begun
Fortunately they are so shambolic and generally shit that the dodgy officiating, penalties and 'last minute winners' have only managed to keep them in the top half of the table for 10 years. Without it I don't think they'd have gone down (even last season) but they would certainly be consistently finishing in 10th to 15th place.

They honestly believe that Jim Ratcliffe is the savior and will build them a new stadium.

He paid the Glaziers £1.2 Billion for 25% of a Europa league team! He is their yes man and can't do anything without their approval. the best part is, them dick heads thinks that Sir Jim is one of them and hates the Glazers!

A few points that i enjoy telling/asking them:
-Sir Jim is entitled to 25% of anything the Glazers rob united, do you think he will take it
-Sir Jim cant do anything without asking the Glazers first
-Sir Jim promised to spend £250m on repairs at old trafford right away
-Sir Jim needs to the phone number for trafford Council if he wants a loan

Last edited:
We all know that the rags' ministry of bullshit has to go completely OTT, every time they win a game.

And who better to quote than their new overrated striker, who scored a jammy tap-in just before the end of the game?
I've never really taken Fulham seriously ....in all ,my time in football
When Carlos Tevez made Chris small thing
sit down.like a baby lamb ...before scoring ,under Mancini..back in the day.
Then you have the Fulham 0 Manchester City 4. Again under Mancini.
One of the greatest away performances in our history...
And then you go back to the georgie best/ Bobby Moore days
And then the Michael Jackson statute
Bit of a joke of a club really......and lying down to utd in the last min ?
Fuck Fulham,and everything they stand for.

In fun news:
Currently near Guildford at a very nice festival called Weyfest… saw 1 city top on a child on Thursday (and me), saw a Chelsea top yesterday. Today , they’re all out, well I’ve seen 2, and talked to one (without shirt)…
Got randomly chatting about the festival , then he asked where i was from ‘Manchester’ (seems I’m the only one here).. ‘manchester, so .. red or blue?’ (Note at this point it really hadn’t dawned on me that he would be a united fan in their natural habitat), ‘City, obviously, as we’re the only team in Manchester’
‘Oh well we’re top of the league!’
‘Ah you’re united… of course … I’m in Surrey… and you’re not top … dont say it, don’t say it.. Brighton are’
‘Oh… didn’t know that… anyway cantona is a legend’
‘Really? Mr kung fu?’
‘Yes’
‘The man who took the Munich charity for 250k?’
‘Oh…what?’
‘Yeah 250k and I presume you knew about the appalling treatment of the Munich families by united?’
‘Err what?’
‘You really don’t know United do you. Or that you bought the league?’
‘No that’s you!’
‘No, you floated on stock exchange, then you were valued at £20m for Knighton takeover and then spent that the next season on new players’
‘Err’

At this point his poor wife admitted she hated football, and I agreed, ‘so does your husband it seems’

A very satisfying chat at the end of a great 3rd night of the festival.
I've bin to many a Festival. And the worse thing u can ever bump into
Is a utd fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.