United Thread | 2024/25

They can’t have ever seen him play.

True story:

After we beat Brighton 4-1 at their gaff on the last day of the 2018-19 season to take the title ahead of The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers Society, t't wife and I were having dinner in Heaton Moor with some friends who included a United supporting chum (who despite his allegiance is a really decent cove!)

The conversation turned to our squad versus United's and players likely to be brought in etc. My chum offered that we'd like to take Pogba from them to fill the vacancy left by Yaya's leaving the Summer before (I know, I know.. the mind boggles!), while Pep would also be interested in young Scott McTominay, who'd just broken into to the team at Old Trafford as a regular selection.

'You'd love him in a sky blue shirt' said my chum. 'Only if it was playing for Napoli or Lazio!' came my reply.

Bl**dy prescient sometimes, moi! If only I could have the same success rate with the Lottery numbers..

A young rag fan just starting secondary education is now working and has been for 3 years and has never seen the rags lift the PL trophy.

Soon it'll be his children who wont remember anything because it isn't going to happen. That "Not in my lifetime" barb from the whisky stained pisshead didn't age well.
I've noticed a change in their attitudes, as well. My nephew was forced to support them, but he's a sound lad, relishes what triumphs they have, but isn't under any illusions about them being TWGC or other toxic tosh that Ferguson tried to instill.

Same with one of my work collegues. 20 years old, doesn't really remember 2013, bit cocky but also nowhere near as knobbish like the 35+ generations are. If anything he feels like he's been brought up to believe a lie, one he has no ammunition to back up given recent history.

When I was his age, all a Rag would need to say is "City are shit!" and i'd have to counter it with banter of my own. Now when a Rag says "City are shit!" I only have to respond with "How?" and it usually shuts them up.

Usually.

They can’t have ever seen him play.

Hahaha mobbed. That security team is the equivalent of the Arsenal fans trying to get at adebayor being held back by invisible forces. They're acting like there's a frenzy when there's a handful of people at most. Looks like a film set and they plan to CGI the crowd in afterwards. I'd wager there's a bigger queue for the trolleys behind the cameraman.

Hahaha mobbed. That security team is the equivalent of the Arsenal fans trying to get at adebayor being held back by invisible forces. They're acting like there's a frenzy when there's a handful of people at most. Looks like a film set and they plan to CGI the crowd in afterwards. I'd wager there's a bigger queue for the trolleys behind the cameraman.
It’s crazy that they don’t have a private terminal like at Ringway.

All Savinho got was 3 blokes from Rochdale being tasered by the dibble!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.