United Thread | 2024/25

I genuinely can’t see how they can snide out of this mate.

They’ve made losses of 350m+ over the last 5 years and are over 100m over what’s allowed over the 3 year rolling period.

There is therefore no “profit” (5 years of big losses) and running a business in this way is clearly not “sustainable”. The exact 2 things the PSR rules are supposed to govern.

I’m not aware of any spending they’ve had to service outside of the usual things every PL club has to service.

I’m assuming the Covid blag has already been applied and factored into their bottom line.

Can’t see how they can explain it away. I’m looking forward to their efforts to do so though :)

650m debt and just been daft enough to spunk 250m on more shit players. They’ll also need to pay Ten Wanks off when they sack him in November.

They’re fucked.
Seems to me that the PL rules are designed to try to prevent loss and prefer profit.

If we ignore United breaking these rules then they are still losing a lot of money. The published figures are the real ones and the PL allowances simply stop a fine.

Why should we worry about fairness they are simply driving themselves into more and more debt trying to catchup.
No wonder Sir Jim is firing people.

There's some truly wondrous comments in there. Proper Darwin missing link stuff. That chimp at the beginning of 2001; A Space Odyssey, the one with the bone (Oo-err) would be right at home on there.

That is true. But unless they win the league (don't laugh), I can't see him being there next august. He could be gone by Christmas if they're still languishing in mid table.
Oh absolutely. I was more worrying that he'd be gone by next week and they may (or may not) bring in someone half decent for the rest of the season.

Good grief, the hypocrisy on there is beyond belief …. especially when you take into account yesterday’s reported financial losses, accumulated debt and overall state of their club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.