United Thread | 2024/25

You know I’m not one to have a knee-jerk reaction, but it’s getting a bit serious now. When any company appoints Foster + Partners to design their proposal, you have to take the intent seriously.

Not only that, but the good PR continues. Norman Foster was born in Manchester and has always wanted to design an iconic building in Manchester/Trafford. ;-)

World-renowned global architecture studio, Foster + Partners, is set to be appointed by Manchester United to develop a masterplan for the Old Trafford Stadium District, covering the Club-owned land that surrounds the existing stadium

Last edited:
You know I’m not one to have a knee-jerk reaction, but it’s getting a bit serious now. When any company appoints Foster + Partners to design their proposal, you have to take the intent seriously.

Not only that, but the good PR continues. Norman Foster was born in Manchester and has always wanted to design an iconic building in Manchester/Trafford. ;-)

World-renowned global architecture studio, Foster + Partners, is set to be appointed by Manchester United to develop a masterplan for the Old Trafford Stadium District, covering the Club-owned land that surrounds the existing stadium

I didn't think for a minute that they weren't serious, I just hope they don't get ANY public funds, the Glazers are experts at spending other people's money.

Points off for the use of the "vibrant" cliche in the article

The "Biggest Club in the World" in a Company registered in the Cayman Islands or wherever to avoid tax, run by a billionaire non-dom (to avoid tax) will no doubt be seen as a deserving cause to benefit from a huge handout of taxpayers money.

The cheek of the Bastards to even suggest it, and the pathetic nature of the British Press to even entertain this without calling it out for the utter bollocks that it is just because of who it is.

He designed the new dome on the Reichstag in Berlin, and it’s brilliant.

Reactions: jrb
Are they redesigning the shithole or building a new shithole?

Whatever the outcome they will be in a far worse position on and off the pitch than they are now, another year or two without champions league and they will be fucked, especially if they keep egghead on.

Correction.

Foster isn’t designing the stadium.

The overall proposal is similar to the Etihad Campus, plans for the Collar site, now Holt Town.

Foster + Partners is set to be appointed by Manchester United to develop a masterplan for the Old Trafford Stadium District, covering the Club-owned land that surrounds the existing stadium.

The focus will be to design a world-class football destination and home for Manchester United fans, coupled with a wider masterplan comprising mixed-use developments which will benefit the local community, attract new residents, increase job provision, and make it a vibrant destination for visitors from Manchester, the UK and all around the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.