United To Struggle For Top 4?

BoundedCascade

Ok hear me out a bit here. Just look at their team it is considerably weaker than last year. Michael Owen is past his prime by far and really showed it in the games I have watched him in. United as a whole look creatively inept at times without Tranny. They dont have the same spark that they once did. The past two games they have not shown much other than a few glimpses of the United of last year let alone when they won the Champions League.

I know that a lot of their defense was missing today but you would think that a team with the attacking quality that they supposedly have would be able to keep the ball deep in the pitch and not just create chances but convert. Now I know at times teams just get unlucky with not finishing their chances but if you look at last year and this year so far without Tranny's goals they look like a top 6 team rather than a league challenging team.

I know its early and there is a lot more to see both from United and the teams they are going to come up against. But at this stage with their significantly weaker side it would not surprise me if they were to finish outside of the top 4.

Am I just being completely daft here with my blue tinted glasses or do you agree?

Halfpenny said:
Bit naive to think that, like it or not they'll be up there come may.

Dunno where those goals are going to come from. The slide is inevitable. Could well be sooner than we think.

As much as we hate them and it's hilarious when they lose, they are a quality side with some great players.
They might not win the league this year but they'll do no worse than top three and they usually win "something"
While the Burnley result was a joy, it was a fluke nothing more.
A result like this will happen to all the precious "big four" teams at some point this season

Hollywood Blue said:
As much as we hate them and it's hilarious when they lose, they are a quality side with some great players.
They might not win the league this year but they'll do no worse than top three and they usually win "something"
While the Burnley result was a joy, it was a fluke nothing more.
A result like this will happen to all the precious "big four" teams at some point this season

Spot on.

I've been saying all close season that they'll miss Ronaldos goals , Tevez's too come to that ....... others on here have been pointing out that it's Rooney who is all important to them , but in my eyes it was Ronaldo who , more often than not , either won them games , or made things happen ..... far more than Rooney ever did.

Even when Rooney missed games with injury , Ronaldo often won them for them , sometimes right out of the blue ....... but when Ronaldo missed games it really told !

Having said all that they still have enough quality to mount a serious title challenge .

Oh I know that this was a fluke but it just seems that with the way they played against Brum and then against Burnley I just have a feeling these results will happen more and more often... the scrapings by and losses to teams that are considered to be of "significantly" lesser quality

They always start poorly, except this time they've organised the easier games first, unfortunately they've lost and have even harder games to come.

Ronaldo and Tevez departures have obviously weakened them but they still have the winning mentality and always seem to start the season slow anyway. They will be in the top 2 without a doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.