University

FeedTheGoat10

Not sure if this belongs in off-topic, mods please move if you think it's more suited to there.

I'm hoping to go Uni next year providing I get decent grades and won't end up in United-esque debt, and I obviously don't want to miss out on what will be an important few years for the club. Hopefully I'll get in at a university like Manchester or Liverpool and getting to matches won't be an issue, but I can't see it working if I have a season ticket and I'm living down south, without a car and without loads of spare money for trains and what not.

So I've got two questions:
1) If I don't renew my season ticket the season after next, will I be moved to the back of the queue of the waiting list when I come back and reapply, and will my loyalty points be wiped off?

2) Has anyone else been to a Uni that's far away from Manchester (or are there any season ticket holders on here who live a good distance away) and been able to manage going to all home matches and quite a few aways?

Another alternative would be for a mate to use my seasoncard, but that's not guaranteed. Cheers blues

1 back of the list but you keep your points

2 best option maybe seeing of there are any supporters clubs near by to get back for home games

I went to Newcastle uni, had a season ticket during 1st year but gave it up for the last three years as I made 10 out of the 19 games. If you can afford to travel to and from Manchester every other week then I'd keep it, also bare in mind chances are you'll be able to find someone to get lifts with! I can't help you on the waiting list question tho, good luck

I go to Uni in Coventry but its on the way from where we normally travel so im actually an hour closer than our normal 3 hour trip. My dad just picks me up on the way.

I'm also starting Uni in september (hopefully) but couldn't bare the thought of losing my season ticket so have decided to go to Man Met. however it'll mean me travelling to and from Crewe everyday, but it's something I'm willing to do, to be able to keep watching the blues week in week out :)

I went to uni in Sheffield (not far I know) and kept my season ticket all 3 years - felt like I was doing more away games and I actually used to enjoy it.

FeedTheGoat10 said:
Not sure if this belongs in off-topic, mods please move if you think it's more suited to there.

I'm hoping to go Uni next year providing I get decent grades and won't end up in United-esque debt, and I obviously don't want to miss out on what will be an important few years for the club. Hopefully I'll get in at a university like Manchester or Liverpool and getting to matches won't be an issue, but I can't see it working if I have a season ticket and I'm living down south, without a car and without loads of spare money for trains and what not.

So I've got two questions:
1) If I don't renew my season ticket the season after next, will I be moved to the back of the queue of the waiting list when I come back and reapply, and will my loyalty points be wiped off?

2) Has anyone else been to a Uni that's far away from Manchester (or are there any season ticket holders on here who live a good distance away) and been able to manage going to all home matches and quite a few aways?

Another alternative would be for a mate to use my seasoncard, but that's not guaranteed. Cheers blues

I changed my s/t from company name to my name 5 years ago and I went back to nul points. Club office weren't interested in transferring, might have changed now though.

I've a similar dilemna coming up as my lad is abroad for a year in August. Haven't decided yet whether to renew his ticket and hopefully get takers for it each week... or not bother, in which case he's at the back of the queue when he returns... likely I'll go for the tkt as surely we've got some decent trips in the next few years and he'd be gutted to miss out...

Do not choose your university in relation to MCFC.

She will be there long after your memories of university have faded.

go where you have the best chance to further your education whilst enhancing your job prospects.

Sleep all day.

do not track back.....

wake up a 4pm and have a chip barm for breakfast.

Kick some back doors in......

slap a fellow student on the train, asleep if possible.

do not return coursework as a string of videos from YOUTUBE

DO keep your season ticket going however you can. If that means selling it on for face to someone else to finance then do so. You will need that ticket in three years time to get to the Champions League Final.

Always believe and wear the badge with pride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.